Meyer Stepping Down at Florida

BaltimoreTerp

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ESPN.com is reporting that Al Golden is about to accept the job.

Wow, I hadn't seen that one coming. I was expecting a "flashy" pick and Golden going to Pitt for a few years.

Wow, bad week for Temple. First they get snubbed for a bowl game after an 8-4 season, then they lose the coach who took their program off life support.

Yeah, I don't see Malzahn taking the Vandy job. That job is just a death trap. If I had to guess, I'd say that Malzahn gets a very nice raise at Auburn and takes a head coaching job in the next year or two. Although, I could see him going to Miami if they are smart enough to pursue him.

Washington Post is reporting that Malzahn is expected to accept the Vandy job.

Gus Malzahn, Auburn's offensive coordinator, is expected to be introduced as the next head coach at Vanderbilt as early as Monday, which means James Franklin, Maryland's offensive coordinator and head coach-in-waiting, will remain in College Park barring an unforeseen turn of events, a source familiar with the search said Sunday.

Vanderbilt had reportedly offered Malzahn a contract that would pay him close to $3 million per year. He has verbally accepted the job, the source said, but had yet to sign a contract.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/12/12/AR2010121203663.html

Washington Post is reporting that Malzahn is expected to accept the Vandy job.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/12/12/AR2010121203663.html

Yeah, I've seen those reports. That's alot of money to turn down. At best, he'd get about half that if he comes back to Auburn. The $3M is actually more than Chizik makes. I'm not going to be surprised either way, but I am surprised that Vandy is making that big of a commitment to its football program.

Wow, I wasn't expecting that. I know there's the temptation to take the money but does anyone really think that Vandy is going to make a serious investment in their football program? Stadium, Facilities, etc?

To think that not too long ago Malzahn was coaching high school ball.

Wow, I wasn't expecting that. I know there's the temptation to take the money but does anyone really think that Vandy is going to make a serious investment in their football program? Stadium, Facilities, etc?

Not that Malzahn hasn't earned his stripes at the college level, but he might still be a HS coach if Mitch Mustain wasn't the top QB recruit in the country a few years ago.

Yeah, I was thinking he would wait for a quality head coaching job, but that is alot of money. If it doesn't work out at Vandy, he can still go back to OC, and take the next job that comes along. End of the day, I think he stays at Auburn until a better HC job is offered.

Tebow and Meyer reunion?

I might be shocked, but I think Urban is done atleast until his kids get done with school. I am certain he will not be going to the NFL at this time. He is not willing to make the commitment at the college level so the NFL would be out of the question. He will probably turn back up down the road and ND would be a good bet 5 or 6 years down the road.

Yeah, I was thinking he would wait for a quality head coaching job, but that is alot of money. If it doesn't work out at Vandy, he can still go back to OC, and take the next job that comes along. End of the day, I think he stays at Auburn until a better HC job is offered.

It appears you're right. ESPN reporting that he said no to Vandy.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5915527&campaign=rss&source=ESPNUHeadlines

Archived