Rosenthal: O's focus back to Derrek Lee

wildcard

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you're gonna put all your eggs in one basket, you better come through.

Make it happen, MacPhail. 1/10. Or even 1/11. Whatever it takes.

What do you say if it takes 2/22? Are you still in? I think that if the O's really think that lee can still swing the bat close to his career numbers, then do it.

What do you say if it takes 2/22? Are you still in? I think that if the O's really think that lee can still swing the bat close to his career numbers, then do it.
I don't think he is looking for a multi year contract. It's the most money for one year with him.

I am surprised by this.

He wants to play out west and/or for a contender...SD is out west and while they likely can't contend, they stand a better chance than the Nats or O's.

Does he already know that the Nats or O's will give him 10 million? If he doesn't, its hard to believe he would turn down 8 million.

The only thing I can think of is what wildcard said...He knows Petco is likely to bring down his stats and since he wants to try for one more good contract, he feels he needs to go to a better hitters park...either that or Rosenthal's info is wrong.

The other thing could be that he wants a 2 year deal, despite reports to the contrary.

I am surprised by this.

He wants to play out west and/or for a contender...SD is out west and while they likely can't contend, they stand a better chance than the Nats or O's.

Does he already know that the Nats or O's will give him 10 million? If he doesn't, its hard to believe he would turn down 8 million.

The only thing I can think of is what wildcard said...He knows Petco is likely to bring down his stats and since he wants to try for one more good contract, he feels he needs to go to a better hitters park...either that or Rosenthal's info is wrong.

The other thing could be that he wants a 2 year deal, despite reports to the contrary.

I think Lee would be smart to look for a deal to end his career with. Maybe a two year deal, maybe three. I don't know about a strategy of one year, to set himself up for a multi year contract after this year. At that point he would be 36 years old, and squeezing out some long term contract at that point seems a stretch to me. I think he would be smart to make this off season the year he looks to get his last good contract.

I am surprised by this.

Or the Padres didn't offer 1/8.

Edit-sorry, I see upon rereading that you covered Rosenthal perhaps being wrong.

Archived