Jose Bautista - RF

Adam Lind - 1B

Eric Thames - LF

Edwin Encarnacion - 3B

Brett Lawrie - DH

Colby Rasmus - CF

J.P. Arencibia - C

Kyle Drabek - RHP (2-0, 2.00 ERA) *

* Drabek has walked 10 batters in 18 innings.

Last year, he walked 55 batters in 78 2/3 innings.

Take a few pitches, Oriole hitters. :)

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Watched them all. The only one I picked correctly was the win against the Phillies when Eddie overcame his tendency to struggle in the postseason. The loss to the Mets was the most painful because in a 9 month period my teams lost to the Mets, Jets, and Knicks while I was going to college with a bunch of New Yorkers
    • Gunnar and Gunna are pushing P https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-705T4FioZE&list=RD-705T4FioZE&start_radio=1
    • My position has long been that almost every hitter, given enough PAs, will have something around a standard platoon split. Or about 80-100 OPS points worse against same-sided pitching. Yes, some observed splits are much larger than that, but I think that's mostly small sample randomness and the effect of never seeing same-sided pitchers. In an alternate universe where O'Hearn is on the Orioles, shifts are still outlawed, and he plays everyday, he OPSes about .800 against righties and .700 against lefties. And I still contend that, by far, the largest difference between 2018-22 O'Hearn and 2023-24 O'Hearn was the outlawing of shifts. He always hit far worse when facing a shift.
    • I think they would ask…. But getting is another story. I mentioned 4 losses in 14 games. Not breaking the bank for that.
    • Not to nitpick, but the Pirates were up 3-2 in 71. They did come back from being down 2-0, though. The Pirates are the only team from WS opponents that I despise passionately, along with the Yanks and Red Sox in general. I used to hate the Mets, but for some strange, unexplainable reason I lost much of that hate after seeing the movie 'Frequency' with Dennis Quaid. Yeah, I know it's just a stupid movie, but for some wierd reason I can't hate them as much anymore.  
    • Six of the top 10 HS prospects on Perfect Game's list are OF.  The most interesting kid on the list is Noah Franco from IMG Academy. Two way guy, re-classed to 2024 from 2025. Seems like a guy how will have enough ?s to fall to 32. It depends on whether scouts see him as a hitter or a pitcher or if he wants to do a full Shohei.  "Noah Franco is a 2024 OF/LHP, 1B with a 6-3 192 lb. frame from Bradenton, FL who attends IMG Academy. Taller and high waisted frame with extra long limbs for the height. Ran a 6.52 in the sixty yard dash. A primary outfielder with really good instincts. Long strides and good routes, working through the ball with a fluid and clean funnel to release. Big arm strength at 96 mph. Lots of feel. Also has good ability at first base and the arm also plays extremely well there. A left-handed swing, the wrists are elite allowing him to flick the barrel with authority late in the process. All fields approach and lift and carry to the process. Hammered balls in game. A left-handed pitcher, loose arm action with big upside and the ball comes out clean and down hill. Ride to the heater when down. Lands the curveball and change up and sequences his three pitch mix well. Excellent athlete and the highest level 2-way potential at the next level. Excellent student. Named to the PG All-American Classic." https://www.perfectgame.org/rankings/Players/NationalRankings.aspx?gyear=2024
    • Yea his asisist last night was impressive. Those are the type of plays that get some recognition, not that a relief pitcher has much of a shot at winning a GG. Seems unlikely even though Cano could get 70 innings again this year.  Make a few more plays like that and then it becomes a situation IMO. 
  • Popular Contributors