4 Orioles prospects in BA NYP top 20

jcarm

Wow! That is in marked contrast to previous years. Three guys we just drafted and one international signee. Well done by Duquette, Rajsich and crew.

Enjoy it, because we won't be seeing too many other guys on the top 20 lists. We didn't get anyone on the GCL list, though it isn't too surprising since all our top picks went to the NY-Penn League.

I think it is possible that the O's might land a player on the SAL top 20-maybe Gassaway or Mountcastle. I could see Stewart landing in the Carolina League top 20 based on my knowledge of previous years BA rankings(although I do not think he deserves it). I don't think anyone in Bowie has a real shot at a top 20 ranking. Mancini could be a top 20 prospect in the International league but probably won't be. That is all I see.

I think it is possible that the O's might land a player on the SAL top 20-maybe Gassaway or Mountcastle. I could see Stewart landing in the Carolina League top 20 based on my knowledge of previous years BA rankings(although I do not think he deserves it). I don't think anyone in Bowie has a real shot at a top 20 ranking. Mancini could be a top 20 prospect in the International league but probably won't be. That is all I see.

Sisco will make the top 20 at Bowie for sure.

Biggest props on this list goes to Wells. Nobody on this board knew who he was 6 months ago, no less anyone trying to cover the entire league. Even breaking onto the list despite not having blow-away stuff is admirable. I'll be curious to see if he can maintain it.

That isn't true. We knew he was the dude they signed from Australia. That was a novel enough occurrence that some of us noticed.

Of course I don't think any of us expected much out of him.

I would not be surprised if we did not land a single player in the South Atlantic League. Low A is full of 19 y/o top prospects. Mountcastle and Brian Gonzalez may get on towards the back end of the top 20.

DJ Stewart won't sniff a top 20. He's barely a prospect. Gassaway didn't play there long enough. We may get shutout on the lists in Single A ball. Expect to see Sisco fairly high up in the Eastern League and Mancini should make the International League list, although I don't expect to see him real high.

I would not be surprised if we did not land a single player in the South Atlantic League. Low A is full of 19 y/o top prospects. Mountcastle and Brian Gonzalez may get on towards the back end of the top 20.

DJ Stewart won't sniff a top 20. He's barely a prospect. Gassaway didn't play there long enough. We may get shutout on the lists in Single A ball. Expect to see Sisco fairly high up in the Eastern League and Mancini should make the International League list, although I don't expect to see him real high.

I think Stewart will get consideration because of his 1st round status and his excellent OBP.

The scouting reports I've read have not been kind. I don't see how a player who would not make our organization's top 10 or even top 15 prospects would get consideration for top 20 in that league.

It depends on the talent level in the league and in the team's farm system. It would not surprise me at all if BA ranks Stewart in the O's top 15. Baltimore's farm system is not exactly brimming with talent.

It depends on the talent level in the league and in the team's farm system. It would not surprise me at all if BA ranks Stewart in the O's top 15. Baltimore's farm system is not exactly brimming with talent.

Why would we have to apologize for having our 2015 1st round pick in our top 15 - especially after he OPS'd .837 in high A ball?

Why would we have to apologize for having our 2015 1st round pick in our top 15 - especially after he OPS'd .837 in high A ball?

Who said anything about having to apoligize? In a good farm system Stewart may not be ranked in the top 15. Baltimore's is not that good so he probably will be in the top 15. You cannot overlook that he also OPS'd .719 in the SAL and OPS'd .633 in the NYPL last year. An advanced college hitter would be expected to put up better numbers, even considering his stats at Frederick. Truly advanced college hitters would be expected to see some time in AA in their first full season. His career has started off more slowly than most expected. Saying that, I hope that Stewart ends up being a great player for the Orioles.

Who said anything about having to apoligize? In a good farm system Stewart may not be ranked in the top 15. Baltimore's is not that good so he probably will be in the top 15. You cannot overlook that he also OPS'd .719 in the SAL and OPS'd .633 in the NYPL last year. An advanced college hitter would be expected to put up better numbers, even considering his stats at Frederick. Truly advanced college hitters would be expected to see some time in AA in their first full season. His career has started off more slowly than most expected. Saying that, I hope that Stewart ends up being a great player for the Orioles.

LOL, that's exactly what I meant by having to apologize for him being in the top 15.

For a developing prospect, what he's done lately is far more important than anything else, so what he did in Frederick is far more important than what he did before then. He should be in the top 15, because he's a good prospect and was a recent 1st round pick, imo.

Archived