• 127 replies
    • 10.3k views
    • 130 replies
    • 18.7k views
    • 105 replies
    • 8.6k views
    • 102 replies
    • 7.1k views
    • So what's the issue if he's getting on base in the 9-hole? Do you realize the potential there? Mullins or Mateo getting on base at the bottom of the order for Henderson is a really big deal. Pitchers are going to have to throw fastballs or get run all over. You'd rather he not produce just to say I told you so.
    • He was asked a question and tried to answer it. He never threw shade on the development of Holliday or anyone else. I can't understand how people who have (hopefully) listened to his comments can come to this conclusion. 
    • Since this thread was originally about Cal commenting on Holliday's development, maybe Cal should pay attention to what Rubinstein is doing as majority owner and leave the development of minor league talent to those in charge.  Who knows if Rubinstein has privately questioned Elias about the development/progress of any prospect?  I'm sure he knows to do so publicly undermines the public's trust in Elias.  Not a shot at Cal, but you're an owner now, and need to act like one.
    • We had a guy go to the Secret Service from our dept. for about double his salary. He was back in 8 months. We've had dozens and dozens of laterals to the NYSP and other agencies who all paid significantly more and have come back. The grass, as they say, isn't always greener.
    • I do like Mullins and Mateo batting #8 & #9.  That way your old school lead off hitters who don't have the best OBP can get on base in front of Gunnar.  Can you imagine how distracting it is, when you're facing the MLB leader in HR and the pitcher has to keep a large part of his focus on preventing steals from 2 great steal threats.