Tejada's Return

O'sBacker4Ever

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be booing for a few reasons

1) He publically complained about wanting out of Baltimore

2) He did 'roids, which I believe is the worst sin you can cast upon the game

3) Lied about his age which led to a quicker regression (and ulitmatley could have changed the negotiations back when we signed him)

4) Wasn't a team player when he refused to consider a move to 3B

He did some great things here but it doesn't outweigh his ego and public complaining

He deserves cheers from the O's crowd, but I don't want him to get a hit. What I'd really like is for him to hit a ground ball, him jog slowly towards first as our SS bobbles it and gets him out by a half step. Same thing with every other ex-O who's dogged it to first.

He deserves cheers from the O's crowd, but I don't want him to get a hit. What I'd really like is for him to hit a ground ball, him jog slowly towards first as our SS bobbles it and gets him out by a half step. Same thing with every other ex-O who's dogged it to first.

Not that it is right but he only started dogging it after he knew we were not going anywhere with that management team in place. His first 2years here were some of the hardest baseball played I have ever seen. He was a joy to watch.

I remember one game in his second year here. There was a infield grounder by someone at the bottom of our line-up and a close play at first. When they showed the camera view from left field you could see into the Orioles dugout. Tejada was the only one on the bench moving and not only moving, he had jumped three feet off the ground from the bench with his arms stretched out in the safe signal. This was the Tejada I loved!!

2) He did 'roids' date=' which I believe is the worst sin you can cast upon the game

3) Lied about his age which led to a quicker regression (and ulitmatley could have changed the negotiations back when we signed him)

He did some great things here but it doesn't outweigh his ego and public complaining[/quote']

1) ...after we failed to build a proper team around him as promised when we signed him...

2) So did your starting second baseman. Be sure to boo him too.

3) A practice that was commonplace for domincan players and more or less done for them by their trainers.

4) He was still adequate at SS and his bat played better there. We had no internal candidates to replace him at short that would have made the move an improvement.

In just four years here he put up numbers that are among all time Os greats. He played with passion and energy. I'll keep rooting for him.

I'll be there. I'm still undecided about it. I'm leaning towards cheering just because of what he did from 2005-mid 2006 on the field. I will not cheer him for what he did after Raffygate. He turned from a hustling team player into a lazy player who played for his paycheck and not for the love of the game, his performance dropped, and he asked out of Baltimore.

The important thing, however, is that we got Albers, Scott, and Sarfate back for him who are all performing - and performing well - for the O's along with Patton and Costanzo. The O's got a lot of good pieces for him.

1) ...after we failed to build a proper team around him as promised when we signed him...

2) So did your starting second baseman. Be sure to boo him too.

3) A practice that was commonplace for domincan players and more or less done for them by their trainers.

4) He was still adequate at SS and his bat played better there. We had no internal candidates to replace him at short that would have made the move an improvement.

In just four years here he put up numbers that are among all time Os greats. He played with passion and energy. I'll keep rooting for him.

My thoughts exactly!!!!:clap3:

Eh. I don't cheer or even clap for a player wearing the colors of the other team when they're playing the Orioles. No matter who they are or what their story is.

At the same time, I wouldn't boo Tejada or any of that silly stuff. There're plenty of ex-O's I'm willing to boo... But he's not one of them.

if nothing else his signing with us a few years back ended up giving us a trade chip.

had Vlad (or any other high profile free agent that we targeted back then) signed with us as well, we very may well have been in contention for more than driving up free agent salaries.

I hope Miggy does great. I think it would be great if he hits for the cycle with slam, just so we beat them by a run in the end.

If Miggi doesn't get a standing ovation, I'll be sad and ashamed.

Boo that. I'm hoping that both Sarfate and Albers strike him out (along with every other Orioles pitcher who faces him), or that Luke makes a few diving catches to rob him of base hits. I don't want to see him raise his stats at the expense of lowering our pitchers' stats.

Let him smash balls all over the park during batting practice and have his standing ovation when he is introduced...I would be joining in if I was there. But, when the game is on the line, he's just like any other opposing player...I don't want to see him do anything positive.

2) He did 'roids' date=' which I believe is the worst sin you can cast upon the game

He did some great things here but it doesn't outweigh his ego and public complaining[/quote']

This is why he will get booed...People overblow everything he did and were usually completely wrong about it.

Boo that. I'm hoping that both Sarfate and Albers strike him out (along with every other Orioles pitcher who faces him), or that Luke makes a few diving catches to rob him of base hits. I don't want to see him raise his stats at the expense of lowering our pitchers' stats.

Let him smash balls all over the park during batting practice and have his standing ovation when he is introduced...I would be joining in if I was there. But, when the game is on the line, he's just like any other opposing player...I don't want to see him do anything positive.

:agree: I will be there. I will give him a standing O when he is introduced and his first at-bat. After that, I will just consider myself lucky to have watched him play every day.:thumbsup1:

Archived