New 'What If?' on Teixeira

OrioleLochRaven

I'm amazed at how many people think we are going to get Tex. I don't have to say too many names like Paul Konerko, Magglio Ordonez, Vladimir Guerrero.. we don't get the big ticket free agents.

So can we stop seeing every roster on here include Texeria? HE DOESN'T PLAY FOR US AND HE NEVER WILL.

I hope we don't even make a play at him and let McPhail continue to rebuild his way without any obnoxious pressure to for any "quick fixes." I don't understand you guys, one day there's a post saying "home grown talent is the way to go," with a post the next day including a player we don't have in our roster.

I bet Texaria's name appears in more threads than players who ACTUALLY play for the Orioles.

I can't imagine what would happen if they signed Texaria and he held up a jersey with Baltimore on it, I think 90% of you would wet yourselves.

Stay the course McPhail!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm amazed at how many people think we are going to get Tex. I don't have to say too many names like Paul Konerko, Magglio Ordonez, Vladimir Guerrero.. we don't get the big ticket free agents.

So can we stop seeing every roster on here include Texeria? HE DOESN'T PLAY FOR US AND HE NEVER WILL.

I hope we don't even make a play at him and let McPhail continue to rebuild his way without any obnoxious pressure to for any "quick fixes." I don't understand you guys, one day there's a post saying "home grown talent is the way to go," with a post the next day including a player we don't have in our roster.

I bet Texaria's name appears in more threads than players who ACTUALLY play for the Orioles.

I can't imagine what would happen if they signed Texaria and he held up a jersey with Baltimore on it, I think 90% of you would wet yourselves.

Stay the course McPhail!

Might I suggest a stiff "Tanqueray and Tonic", or maybe even start right with a shot of jet cold Tequila?

Sure, folks get carried away with the Tex phenomenon, but chill just a lil' bit there.

Replace "Tex" with "ARod", and travel back in time about a year ago and I'd sign your petition.

I think we will go after him, and he will consider it, though I doubt we get him.

ARod was a non-starter. This is different.

Stay the course McPhail!

OKay, first of all, you spelled his name wrong, in TWO different ways. Secondly, bringing up past failures to sign "big name free agents" means nothing. We have a new chief in town. Thirdly, signing Tex is a 6+ year solution, not a quick fix. A "quick fix" is what we have done for the past few years with Surhoff, Conine, Millar, Huff, my momma, my grandmomma, and Hank Scorpio all playing first base, while we wait for some magic solution to fall in our laps. Tex may come here, he may not, but at the very least, the Orioles MUST make a run at him, considering we have limited first base prospects in our system.

Haha.. that's more than fair. All my hope of FA signing went out the window when we couldn't land Vlad.

I mean, yea, I was upset when we didn't get Vlad too. But let's remember that that was the off-season we came out of nowhere to sign Miggy, and I'd say that worked out pretty well.

If there was one FA Angelos was ever gonna bust the bank for and make a huge push for, it's Tex.

Yea really...If you are going to rant, at least learn the guys freakin name.

And did you need to start a new thread for this?

Come on SG....We all knew who he was talking about MR. Spelling police.

I might bump this thread everytime Texierria's name is mentioned in "Orioles Talk". :)

Archived