Would you trade Adam Jones even up for these CF's?

Frobby

I'd trade Adam Jones even up to get (multiple selections allowed):  

202 members have voted

1. 1. I'd trade Adam Jones even up to get (multiple selections allowed):

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Upton is more likely to carry the higher OBP and that is a huge difference between the 2.

He's also more likely to dog it on balls over his head and get in shouting matches with Markakis. BTW the last two years his OBP has looked a lot like Jones'.

Sorry but Upton is a total head case and I wouldn't want him anywhere on my team.

flame away.

Wait... Brett Gardner? You'd trade Jones for Gardner? You're right, that's hilarious. I needed that laugh!

I picked Rasmus, Upton, Kemp. Should've picked McCutcheon but missed him. Sat there for a while thinking about Austin Jackson.

Brett Gardner: 21.9 UZR, .383 OBP, 95 R's, 47 SB, .379 SLG, .358 wOBA. But hey, chicks dig the long ball.:rolleyestf:

I picked Kemp and Upton. Kemp has more power and I think breaking up with Rhianna has reset his head and getting him out of Hollywood would also keep him focused on the field. Upton I think has an attitude problem because I think he wasn't disciplined comng up in the organization because if I remember correctly he was the first of the Rays draft picks to be a star with high expectations. I might be wrong about that but I think that's where his attitude problem came from.

You picked the wrong Upton. Justin is the one you want. BJ is a head case who ACTUALLY dogs it on plays when he isn't into it.

Rasmus

J. Upton

Thats about it for me.

edit::: forgot that Justin was a RF.

I love how we say that BJ dogs it yet we tend to forget Mr. Bazooka Joe dropping balls while he is blowing bubbles :).

I would flip a coin with BJ and Jones. See +/- to both.

Can I count Jason Heyward as a CF? While the Braves don't play him there, he can certainly handle the position.

Absent Heyward, I'd would say these guys rank ahead of Jones if considering multiple seasons

McCutchen

Rasmus

maybe BJ Upton

Mike Trout

noticeably missing are guys who will probably soon move off the position - Hamilton, Kemp

But I think I am seeing your motivation behind the question. When considering asset value, Jones has to be in top 10 CFs in baseball, maybe even sneaking into the top 5

While Mike Trout seems to have superstar potential if the dWAR Bourjos posted last year is truly representative Trout will not be the CF. And yes, I would trade Jones for Trout although I doubt the Angels would.

There is a BIG difference between dropping a ball and this

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=9422017&query=%26game_pk%3D264927

How about Jones refusing to stop playing so shallow in CF until recently. That would equate to possibly a bad attitude.

I am betting we would be putting a different spin on things if they were on opposite teams.

I think both are about the same in overall value. Trying not to be a homer, which we all have a tendency to do for good reasons.

How about Jones refusing to stop playing so shallow in CF until recently. That would equate to possibly a bad attitude.

I am betting we would be putting a different spin on things if they were on opposite teams.

I think both are about the same in overall value. Trying not to be a homer, which we all have a tendency to do for good reasons.

Dude, there is no way you can watch that video, and watch baseball on a regular basis (meaning this is not the first/ only time he has done that) and honestly say that Upton's attitude is similar to Jones'. Jones has an issue or two, but he has never done that.

Dude, there is no way you can watch that video, and watch baseball on a regular basis (meaning this is not the first/ only time he has done that) and honestly say that Upton's attitude is similar to Jones'. Jones has an issue or two, but he has never done that.

And Upton had never done that before he did it there.

One or two incidents does not a player make.

I think its close as to which player is preferable. I haven't really looked at the stats to know yet.

Archived