Would you trade Adam Jones even up for these CF's?

Frobby

I'd trade Adam Jones even up to get (multiple selections allowed):  

202 members have voted

1. 1. I'd trade Adam Jones even up to get (multiple selections allowed):

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's having a very good start. Looks motivated and focused out there. Even as the rest of the team has struggled, he's been on point. Can't say that about roughly half of the 25-man, but at least we have some players taking care of business. And a few more than that had a good game this evening, too.

4 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Not only has he had some clutch hits, but for the first time I can ever remember he has hit the ball consistently the other way. 

Yeah they were talking about him going the other way more on the ESPN broadcast the other night.  Very impressive that he's adapting.  Hope we can get him back beyond this season.  Dude has always been a total gamer.  Probably won't quite make it to Cooperstown but he's the MVP, and heart and soul of the Orioles 2012-2016 renaissance in my book. 

2 minutes ago, allquixotic said:

He's having a very good start. Looks motivated and focused out there. Even as the rest of the team has struggled, he's been on point. Can't say that about roughly half of the 25-man, but at least we have some players taking care of business. And a few more than that had a good game this evening, too.

AJ, Cashner, and Bundy are carrying the team on their backs right now.  

7 minutes ago, FanSince88 said:

Yeah they were talking about him going the other way more on the ESPN broadcast the other night.  Very impressive that he's adapting.  Hope we can get him back beyond this season.  Dude has always been a total gamer.  Probably won't quite make it to Cooperstown but he's the MVP, and heart and soul of the Orioles 2012-2016 renaissance in my book. 

According to Baseball reference most similar player through age 31 is Andre Dawson..  Andre had 49 homers and 137 RBIs in his age 32 Season on his way to a Hall of Fame Career.  

Jones is very underrated here. He's a great leader, puts up consistent offensive numbers, and is decent in the field. I hope he's on the team next year. I think a lot of people underestimate how popular Adam Jones is going to be in Free Agency this offseason.

Archived