Jones interview on Fox45

O'sFan

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is the biggest non-issue in the world.

I beg to differ.

For instance, should I eat turkey and cheese or roast beef and horseradish for lunch tomorrow.

See, that is much less of an issue that Jones' statement. ;)

I beg to differ.

For instance, should I eat turkey and cheese or roast beef and horseradish for lunch tomorrow.

That's my take. :)

Also, I don't know if it's a non-issue or not but more than the comment itself the line "He seemed pretty disturbed" from the OP was of interest to me. Not having seen the interview I can't speak to the tone of his statements. Can anybody elaborate? Was it a playful or an irritated manner that Jones took?

As several people have mentioned...

1) the comments could have been recycled for several stories. We're not necesarily looking at a situation in which Jones is carrying an anti-Buck soapbox around with him.

2) for those who didn't see/hear Jones speak, the comments are totally divorced from context. I seem to remember Roch writing about this within the last week or so, and in the comments section of his blog someone asked, essentially, how did Jones sound when he made the comments? What was Jones really trying to convey? IIRC, Roch, who was there for the comments, echoed the sentiment that Jones was trying to follow Buck's lead in that the players are ultimately accountable for on-field happenings.

3) IF, and only if, Jones actually is "attacking," in a sense, his manager with persistent, semi-negative comments, THEN I'd be open to trading him. However, the deal would have to be huge.

4) the sky probably isn't falling.

As several people have mentioned...

1) the comments could have been recycled for several stories. We're not necesarily looking at a situation in which Jones is carrying an anti-Buck soapbox around with him.

2) for those who didn't see/hear Jones speak, the comments are totally divorced from context. I seem to remember Roch writing about this within the last week or so, and in the comments section of his blog someone asked, essentially, how did Jones sound when he made the comments? What was Jones really trying to convey? IIRC, Roch, who was there for the comments, echoed the sentiment that Jones was trying to follow Buck's lead in that the players are ultimately accountable for on-field happenings.

3) IF, and only if, Jones actually is "attacking," in a sense, his manager with persistent, semi-negative comments, THEN I'd be open to trading him. However, the deal would have to be huge.

4) The sky probably isn't falling.

Excuse me ........ I don't know what's happening where you live, but here in Brewster, the sky fell at 3:15 PM this afternoon, and I have a big bruise on my forearm because of it.

Is he taking a shot at Buck? Or is he taking a shot at all the reporters that can't think of anything original to ask?

In my opinion, it is the latter. When Buck arrived, Jones went to Buck's press conference in person. He said a number of things right away about Buck's reputation preceding him. He gave numerous complimentary quotes about Buck all through the end of last season, and over the winter. And I think his point now is, the success or failure of the team falls on the players, so enough about Buck already.

I beg to differ.

Roast Beef and Horseradish. Or we can have a poll again.

Not sure if this is related or not, but AJ put this tweet out earlier this evening.

In the not-so-distant future, when humanity has devolved to communicating via grunts, tossed rocks, and enthusiastic pointing.....blame Twitter.

I don't see the "tweet" on the webpage, btw. Does that have to do with not signing up for the service?

I will tell all of you this..... 3 years ago we went to Spring Training to see the O's. Adam Jones, albeit as a rookie, was one of the most accessible O's. He actually interacted with fans so long during a rain delay that everyone was walking right by. He spent a good 15 minutes talking baseball with my son, which was 7 at the time. Shoot even my facebook pic is my son, me, and Jones. Now with all that said, reading the articles here and there about his attitude concerned me due to this personal encounter and how enagaging and humble he was. I went to a ST game today, and he would not even acknowledge the fans.... not a look, word, or interaction NOTHING! Once again, I wrote it off as he is working and I can kind of understand his posistion. However, when the game is over and you practically run people over getting out of the player lot when you have a small contigency waiting for his time, and by small I mean 10 people. He never completely stopped and rolled right by kids and fans. Needless to say, there is no longer a defense that any indiviulal will be able to make that will ever turn me back into a Jones fan. Fan interaction is exteremly important and these guys get to basically avoid it all year in the pro parks, take 10 minutes a day to interact with your fans when you have the chance, it isnt that hard.

FYI... had a great conversation and felt a really good vibe from Britton! And Brob, he is the definition of a true fan favorite who will still take time for the people who support and helped build him as a fan favorite.

I am tremendously big O's fan and enjoying speaking and interacting with the players, I was very frustrated with Jones participation and for that matter Markakis and Guerrero were the the later being worse and felt it should be shared!!!!!!

Archived