Britton optioned to AAA

Pedro Cerrano

Bravo... I might add that it's difficult to differentiate who needs more help here, the one who is considered to be causing the insanity, or those willing accomplices conforming to it. Simply amazing. Most of these posters I look up to and really am disappointed they either can't control themselves, or their lives are so empty that participating in this mess adds value to it.

Really......?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AM being interviewed during today's game was upfront about the service time issue. He said that while some of us may not be here in 1217, they owe it to those who are to keep that extra year.

Who has time for piddling service time issues when there's a Fifth Crusade to get movin' on?

Also, isn't against baseball's unwritten rules to admit you're demoting someone for service time issues?

Well said. I think he adds alot to the board. Agree or disagree, the fun is in the banter. If we all sat here and agreed with each other, what fun would it be? I don't know Trea from a hole in the wall, but you have to respect his dedication. We all have a crazy Uncle, that says stupid stuff at the dinner table over and over and has views that are out of this world, but don't will still invite him to Thanksgiving?

But it's not about disagreeing with each other.

It's about one lone wolf taking, for the most part, illogical and ridiculous positions and being given piles of evidence to debunk his fallacious arguments.

Then everyone else watches as he puts his fingers in his ears, screams "La La La I can't hear you", and continues spouting the same tired agenda.

But it's not about disagreeing with each other.

It's about one lone wolf taking, for the most part, illogical and ridiculous positions and being given piles of evidence to debunk his fallacious arguments.

Then everyone else watches as he puts his fingers in his ears, screams "La La La I can't hear you", and continues spouting the same tired agenda.

Buit seriously, you engage it. That's the point. Ignore him and he'll disappear--and frankly, it would be amazing if it happened.

Back on baseball talk, I can't believe a guy like Britton, who until quite recently was under the national radar, could ignite such prospect fever again. I know the diehards have been waiting for him to arrive, but he's been largely one of the lesser hyped prospects to come into a system only to graduate from it as a big time player.

I'm psyched about it. Can't wait for April 21st.

Buit seriously, you engage it. That's the point. Ignore him and he'll disappear--and frankly, it would be amazing if it happened.

Back on baseball talk, I can't believe a guy like Britton, who until quite recently was under the national radar, could ignite such prospect fever again. I know the diehards have been waiting for him to arrive, but he's been largely one of the lesser hyped prospects to come into a system only to graduate from it as a big time player.

I'm psyched about it. Can't wait for April 21st.

To be fair, I haven't engaged him in quite some time. A bunch of us had a pact, so to speak, to not engage him, but that sort of got swept under the rug (ahem, Milligan;)).

But agreed, I'm psyched about the season starting on Friday and then (home)opening day on Monday.

Honestly, I know this is going to get into a JTrea thread, but the CBA needs to be changed so this doesn't happen anymore.

The Orioles are doing the exact right thing under the current rules, but it's clear Britton is one the best five starters in the organization and is only going down due to this stupid rule.

Let's hope the next CBA will get rid of the rule or makes something similar to the Super-2 date in June so teams will have to really think, can we hold off until then?

Cheers to this post.

Honestly, I know this is going to get into a JTrea thread, but the CBA needs to be changed so this doesn't happen anymore.

The Orioles are doing the exact right thing under the current rules, but it's clear Britton is one the best five starters in the organization and is only going down due to this stupid rule.

Let's hope the next CBA will get rid of the rule or makes something similar to the Super-2 date in June so teams will have to really think, can we hold off until then?

Yes, I totally agree. I think they need to fix this along with the draft pick compensation for free agents.

They have to and by doing this, it will have no impact on this year and only helps them long term.

Well, they don't have to do this and you speculate that it will have no impact on this year. You state opinions as facts all the time.

Pineda was given the chance to earn a spot and he did. Britton was told he had a chance when he did not. That is a problem. Perhaps small, hopefully small, but an issue none the less.

Archived