Britton to start sunday WOOT

Guest Hayden2004

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beyond idiotic. Just when the Orioles had me feeling good, they had to go and do something like this. Bullpen wasn't taxed tonight, could've pitched the game by committee or called any other pitcher up for Sunday. I am irate. Things like this make me question MacPhail

There is no way this is going to be allowed to pitch the whole season up here anyway. You are not going to ask a kid to go 30 plus starts in this division as a rookie. They could always send him down to the minors in late August to save on service time.

Not going to happen. Maybe they skip him a time or two through the rotation but if he comes up and does decent he will never see the minors again except for a rehab or something.

There is no way this is going to be allowed to pitch the whole season up here anyway. You are not going to ask a kid to go 30 plus starts in this division as a rookie. They could always send him down to the minors in late August to save on service time.

Assuming there is still opportunity to save service time I doubt they do it if Britton pitches well.

Not going to happen. Maybe they skip him a time or two through the rotation but if he comes up and does decent he will never see the minors again except for a rehab or something.

We can't assume no matter how well he looks it is going to be a breeze. I hope he pitches great but it is so hard in this division.

I made a post vehemently arguing that Britton should make the team out of spring training. The post had a lot of hot debate, ending with one side saying Buck won't put him on the roster. I thought he would. Well, I was wrong. However, bringing Britton up now pretty much voids the argument about service time and smart economic management. Sometimes in life, it's not about avoiding mistakes, it's about how you react to them. Good move and Go O's!

skipping him doesn't count, have to send him down for a month to avoid losing the extra year. I agree that is not happening now, so be it.

Beyond idiotic. Just when the Orioles had me feeling good, they had to go and do something like this. Bullpen wasn't taxed tonight, could've pitched the game by committee or called any other pitcher up for Sunday. I am irate. Things like this make me question MacPhail

It's more than just one game....

yeah Ms fans have been discussing this with pin. There is something you can do, I dont know exactly what it is though.

You just send them down with whatever half baked excuse you want to give. He will struggle at some point in the next couple of seasons, the O's just have to wait for a couple bad starts in a row and Boom! its down to Norfolk to work on his mechanics.

Its pretty much what the Brewers did with Hardy a few years back.

Uh, one of our better pitchers is going to be out for a month.

...that's bad.

Yeah nothing really good about this at all. Our management obviously thought that the best thing for the team was sending him down for a bit. That was over with. Now we lose our 'ace' to injury and, I guess, our hand is forced to give the spot to Britton.

:scratchchinhmm:

Obviously, this means Matusz is out for an extended period of time. You know what, I understand the whole arbitration thing with Britton and I was in agreement with it but this tells everyone, the players, the fans, the league that we are playing to win this year. I can't be upset with that decision.

Archived