That catch...

isestrex

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That gif is great and still doesn't do that play justice.

Man that was a heart sinker to a yell that probably scared the neighbors.

I don't have my normal software with me. I plan on doing a much higher quality gif tomorrow.

And this is probably the best catch of Nick's career. When he went into the stands in Anaheim to rob Erick Aybar is probably a close second.

I don't have my normal software with me. I plan on doing a much higher quality gif tomorrow.

And this is probably the best catch of Nick's career. When he went into the stands in Anaheim to rob Erick Aybar is probably a close second.

Not knocking you at all. The TV views went high like it was a HR and it's hard to follow Kakes the entire way. Either way I could watch it all day.

Someone tell me who the clowns are on this site that spew defensive stats that say that Nick is average AT BEST and that PIE is better in right then Nick?
That was an amazing catch and an amazing game! But why you gotta drag Pie down? He had a run saving play of his own.

Wow, ESPN News just recapped the game and didn't even mention the Markakis catch. However, they did mention that Damon and Ramirez play for the Rays now :rolleyestf:

Baseball Tonight gave Nick's catch top Web Gem of the day.

Guest JChav

Anyone that was listening on the radio like me probably felt the same way. When you hear Joe Angel's voice drop like that after the crack of the bat.. your heart stops. Can't remember the last time in that scenario Angel followed up "He JUMPS!" with "And he makes the catch!"

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• From here https://www.mlb.com/orioles/stats/ops/regular-season
    • Where are you getting your stats from that's not correct looking at OPS.
    • On the O's this year, Martinez would have been: 5th in OPS 5th in AVG 6th in HRs in 120 games
    • I think PFF is grading Roquan badly because the safeties behind him are playing like ass and it's making him look bad.  If teams are going to attack him over the middle on crossing routes with WRs (like KC did with Rice) he doesn't really stand much of a chance if the safeties behind him don't throw him a bone.  He's still a huge help in the run game.   In general I think PFF assigns a little too much blame to linebackers on passes over the middle, so unless you're an elite coverage guy at LB it's really hard to grade well.  The flip side to this is that teams probably need to adjust their coverage areas to account for the fact that LBs aren't going to be able to hold down WRs for long.  
    • Thanks. This tells me what my eyes have seen with Roquan. He's been a liability in coverage and the fact that Simpson is ahead of him is not good for our defensive leader. Do you have the PFF grades for offense too?
    • What you want is perfectly reasonable.  But you seem entirely to focused on money.  The team needs to work to improve.  I don't care what it costs, you shouldn't either.  They are going to spend money and payroll will be higher next year and the year after that.  We need them to make improvements and some of that is rightfully going to come from within and not cost much. The improvements that are needed are going to cost too, I'm not saying they wont.  But ownership and the GM should simply work in tandem to make sure the team has what it needs.  I am not really concerned about how much that costs because it should be able to be done without jumping this particular team into say top ten in payroll.
    • This is the right approach. the orioles should be spending more money and I believe they will, but I expect it to be measured with less risk (ie we won’t be handing out a Hader type deal or a  long term contract to Santander IMO) improving on some of the obvious weaknesses certainly makes sense.    1x SP: Burnes, Fried, Buehler 1x RH OF/DH: Martinez, O’Neill, Profar 1x 1B: (wishlist) Alonso, Walker
  • Popular Contributors