vs. BLUE JAYS 6/5

OFFNY

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Grow the F*** up !!! A man and a woman in their 40's reaching for the ball when it could have been a crucial out for the Orioles.

Well, look at it this way. Encarnacion was going for third, and given that it was Reimold, and he was reaching in the stands, he would have gotten there.

That grounder to short would have scored him.

So...really, the fans prevented a run. Not that it's acceptable, but yes.

Well, look at it this way. Encarnacion was going for third, and given that it was Reimold, and he was reaching in the stands, he would have gotten there.

That grounder to short would have scored him.

So...really, the fans prevented a run. Not thaqt it's acceptable, but yes.

I understand that, and fortunately it worked out for us .......... but it is still very annoying, particularly when our fans often still refer to/complain about the Jeffrey Maier incident back in '96.

Also, I don't think he was going to go for it on the tag-up, he was just bluffing to force Reimold to make a throw. Reimold was (relatively) close to third base at the time.

I understand that, and fortunately it worked out for us .......... but it is still very annoying, particularly when our fans often still refer to/complain about the Jeffrey Maier incident back in '96.

Well, this situation's completely different in at least five ways, but yeah...I agree. It's annoying.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• He is Mike Wright all over.  
    • I wouldn’t be shocked if Baumann has success elsewhere.   He’s got the stuff.  He just almost never has the command.  He’s running out of time.  When he’s clearly not one of the 8 best I think he’s gone.  Tates’s option saved him.  Does Akin’s option save him when GRod comes back and what about Wells.  They are going to exhaust every chance to get Baumann turned around before they are forced to make that decision.  I do think Hyde has a soft spot for him.  He’s singled him out for his “stuff” multiple times in the past.
    • I think Elias is already looking for a shutdown late-game reliever though not necessarily an established closer.  Nothing wrong with a loose committee.
    • Every scouting report?   Minus this Baseball America pre draft write up. “Bradfield has tormented batteries with his blazing speed since his prep days with American Heritage High in Plantation, Fla., where he ranked as the No. 66 player in the 2020 class. Since getting to campus at Vanderbilt, he’s lived up to his reputation as a dynamic, disruptive speedster and lockdown center fielder who has hit .313/.427/.450 in 190 games with 130 stolen bases at a 90.9% success rate. Bradfield is a lean and skinny, 6-foot-1, 170-pound lefthanded hitter who has a level bat path that’s conducive to line drives and ground balls. He has a strong understanding of the strike zone and has walked at a 14.7% rate, struck out at a 13.5% rate and in 2023 made contact at an 87% rate. Brafield projects as a 30-grade power hitter in pro ball, but has sneaky exit velocities—an 87 mph average exit velocity in 2023—considering his size and overall home run production. Bradfield is an 80-grade runner who should pepper ground balls, line drives and drop bunts for infield singles, with consistently high BABIP numbers and elite baserunning. His speed translates to center field, where he’s also a top-of-the-scale defender who covers massive swaths of ground, with great instincts albeit a below-average arm. Bradfield has a polarizing profile and has much less power than the average first round college outfielder, but he’s also a potential Gold Glove winner and stolen base champion who earns Juan Pierre comps.“
  • Popular Contributors