Some Good News

LookinUp

The O's are depressing right now and it has hurt the morale of O's fans. This is the thread where you can post some good news about the Minors. I'll go first.

Schoop was 4 for 4 with a HR tonight. Machado was 2 for 4, with a 2b and a 3b.

And they did most of it off of Red Sox pitching prospect Anthony Ranaudo.

Go O's.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awww, you guys preempted me. Great night for Macahdo, Hoes and Schoop.

Machado: .808 OPS at Frederick, including .942 in July, .956 in the last 10 games after going 2 for 4 with a double and triple tonight.

Hoes: .748 OPS at Bowie, including .841 in July, .983 in the last 10 games after going 2 for 3 with two homers tonight.

Schoop: .605 OPS at Frederick, but .824 over the last 10 games after going 4 for 4 with a homer tonight.

I think you can legitimately say that Machado and Hoes are hot, and showing they can handle the level at which they are playing after some initial struggles. Schoop is still adjusting to high A, but tonight was encouraging.

I try not to get excited about prospects until they start doing it at AA. But dang if Machado isn't standing out as an out-of-place bright spot on a dark season. It's getting harder to put myself in check on this guy.

Awww, you guys preempted me. Great night for Macahdo, Hoes and Schoop.

Machado: .808 OPS at Frederick, including .942 in July, .956 in the last 10 games after going 2 for 4 with a double and triple tonight.

Hoes: .748 OPS at Bowie, including .841 in July, .983 in the last 10 games after going 2 for 3 with two homers tonight.

Schoop: .605 OPS at Frederick, but .824 over the last 10 games after going 4 for 4 with a homer tonight.

I think you can legitimately say that Machado and Hoes are hot, and showing they can handle the level at which they are playing after some initial struggles. Schoop is still adjusting to high A, but tonight was encouraging.

Good stuff! In related notes, our Rule V loss, Pedro Beato, held the Reds in check with a solid inning of work in the Mets' win. He had one K, 8 strikes out of 11 and lowered his to ERA to 3.38. NMS's boy Turner (and Andino clone?) had a double and went 2-5 (with 2 K's) to raise his average to .280. Oh wait....

I watched Pedro vs. Votto and had him down but yielded a "lucky" single after showing 95 mile heat and a nice 82 mile change or off speed, with a herky-jerk delivery. He had Brandon Phillips hit a grounder to Reyes that should have been a DP but Reyes double clutched. They said he grew up in NYC and rooted for the Mets so it is a good deal for him to be there.

Schoop was 4 for 4 with a HR tonight.

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vaN01VLYSQ?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vaN01VLYSQ?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

I try not to get excited about prospects until they start doing it at AA. But dang if Machado isn't standing out as an out-of-place bright spot on a dark season. It's getting harder to put myself in check on this guy.

On the B.S. Report the other day, Simmons asked Keith Law about Machado. Law said that he doesn't like comparing prospects to A-Rod...then proceeded to directly compare him to A-Rod. Also mentioned Schoop as a guy to watch that people don't know about yet.

Archived