Does anyone else think...

NewMarketSean

And you're doing a poor job of it. Just because you have the ability to speak doesn't mean you keep your mouth flapping every second.

45-69, James. 26 games out of first place. Worst record in the AL. I don't know what else there is to discuss, really.

I can't base my fandom on the performance of guys like Hardy or Jones like you can. I was over doing that circa 2006.

This team is going backwards.

So when I see some positives, I will post about them. Until then, I am going to discuss the team as I see it. And as I am free to do that, you are free to avoid posting in those threads -- or even reading them.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I swear this would be the funniest thing ever! I would love it! Pull a Leslie Nielson in Naked Gun...

Joe Angel.." Here's a routine grounder to third, Reynolds fields it cleanly, and throws to first for the out. And that brings up...wait, what's this? OMG, Reynolds is DANCING at third base! This is UN-BELIEVABLE!"

[video=youtube;x-S-eeInJVk]

I meant to rep this post but somehow neg repped it. Can someone help me out?

I would probably have a hard time finding someone to go with me, end up going anyway, have a good time, but realize that they'll probably be divorced in a couple years if they didn't kill each other first. :D
Soooo.... you would celebrate? :)

45-69, James. 26 games out of first place. Worst record in the AL. I don't know what else there is to discuss, really.

I can't base my fandom on the performance of guys like Hardy or Jones like you can. I was over doing that circa 2006.

So when I see some positives, I will post about them. Until then, I am going to discuss the team as I see it. And as I am free to do that, you are free to avoid posting in those threads -- or even reading them.

So if someone is hard on their luck, their life sucks, they can't find anything that can make them happy? Just because we suck we're not allowed to have a happy moment? I hear what you're saying. Every night I hear the announcers go on and on about what a "critical moment" we are at in the game, and I think, "Really? Its critical why? If we lose we are 26 games under .500 rather than 24?" I get it. But at the same time, for a brief moment, I was giddy as Reimold absolutely CRUSHED that ball and the team celebrated.

That said, when I saw little Valddy jumping around, and it took me a second to realize it wasn't Big Vladdy, I did think "Boy he seems excessively thrilled about this win."

So if someone is hard on their luck, their life sucks, they can't find anything that can make them happy? Just because we suck we're not allowed to have a happy moment? I hear what you're saying. Every night I hear the announcers go on and on about what a "critical moment" we are at in the game, and I think, "Really? Its critical why? If we lose we are 26 games under .500 rather than 24?" I get it. But at the same time, for a brief moment, I was giddy as Reimold absolutely CRUSHED that ball and the team celebrated.

That said, when I saw little Valddy jumping around, and it took me a second to realize it wasn't Big Vladdy, I did think "Boy he seems excessively thrilled about this win."

These kinds of wins mean nothing unless they are part of a winning season or actually propel a young team onto a winning streak or something substantial. But, as we have seen in the past, big wins don't carry over. They disappear the second the next pitch is thrown. Look no further than the epic comeback against the Red Sox in 2009 only to blow a lead the very next day.

So I guess that is the beef I have with this. They are celebrating something that means very, very little like it's something very, very big.

So if some hard on their luck person wants to celebrate like they won game 7 when they just found a quarter on the sidewalk, I guess that's OK. :confused:

This is a proffesional league. If you are 1-25 in your beer softball league and win on a walk off...go nuts, who cares. But these guys are getting paid a lot of money to perform, and jobs in and around the ball park are affected by their performance. And while I'm sure they are trying their hardest to win every night, you have to recognize that your team has drastically underperformed, so when you win with a walk off, feel good, give a hug and a high five...but don't run around like you just won the lottery.

And I am just as free to call you on your BS. And this, my friend, is complete BS.

How dare they show JOY in a crappy season! Really, come on dude.

You are right more times than you are wrong, but when you whine about HAVING to go to a baseball game and complain about a team celebrating an exciting win you are just being needlessly melancholic. Relax, enjoy the good things when they happen. You have no idea how bad things can get tomorrow, if baseball (BASEBALL) is causing you this much angst that you can't even find it in your poor poor callow existence to find joy in a simple little thing like this then you need to turn off the TV, walk away from the computer and spend some time with your family.

Archived