Heyman: Orioles current favorite to land Fielder

BaltimoreTerp

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe, or maybe not. We'll just have to wait and see...

But rest assured, I'm done pouring emotion into following a losing product. If the girl dumps on me, I'll tell her to get lost until she's ready for a committed relationship.

Not maybe.

Definitely. Definitively. Assuredly.

Not only is the girl not interested in you, she will be persuaded heavily by other people who are much more attractive. Your chances of convincing her to sign up with you are literally zero.

Plus, you should have little to no interest in her because she is going to start eating pancakes every single morning until she's significantly fatter than she is now, she's going to have lots and lots of warts that you somehow didn't see until you woke up with her every single solitary day... and in about 3 years she's going to decide that she's not really interested in working anymore and just sit at home, watch soap operas and be worthless. And you'll still be heavily indebted to her and won't be able to replace her b/c you don't have enough room in your house.

It is absolutely a bad idea for the Orioles to sign Prince Fielder, just like it's a bad idea for Prince Fielder to sign with the Orioles. It's nowhere near a good match, and that's how it'll play out.

One thing I will say is that the Fielder sweepstakes is going to be very interesting IMO.

There is always some team that comes in and makes some dumbass offer on these premium level guys.

However, with the concerns about his defense and his weight, will that keep those potential offers away? I tend to think no but I guess you never know.

One thing I will say is that the Fielder sweepstakes is going to be very interesting IMO.

There is always some team that comes in and makes some dumbass offer on these premium level guys.

However, with the concerns about his defense and his weight, will that keep those potential offers away? I tend to think no but I guess you never know.

I don't know why, but I feel like the Giants make a lot of sense for him. I know they have Belt, but they're a win-now type of team. Pair Fielder with Posey in the middle of that lineup and they're a different team. Then we could offer Hardy for Belt and get our guy!

There's always at least one panicky GM.

With Boras & Heyman playing with everyone's minds, some owner/GM combo somewhere will do something stupid.

If there's really no market for Fielder like some are claiming then he'll just resign with the Brewers.
It's not there is no market, it just might not be what he is expecting.There are good reasons for all the teams who could be interested in him not to go very high. It may just be that most of the offers will be in the 4/100-5/125 neighborhood. In which case some team could come in and scoop him up with a 6/150 offer. A team like SF really needs a SS like Reyes, but there is no team with the same crying need for Fielder.

It's not only the HRs though, it's the fact he's an on base machine as well as pitchers fear his bat.

In our offense they could pitch around him. Even if you put Markakis in front of him and Jones behind him (or Wieters or whoever you think the other best bat is), if they truly feared him they would pitch around him.

We are a NL offense, we have a guaranteed out or two every time through the lineup and that won't change if Fielder is on the team.

In our offense they could pitch around him. Even if you put Markakis in front of him and Jones behind him (or Wieters or whoever you think the other best bat is), if they truly feared him they would pitch around him.

We are a NL offense, we have a guaranteed out or two every time through the lineup and that won't change if Fielder is on the team.

We could have two Fielders and it still wouldn't matter.

1. Markakis

2. Jones

3. Fielder (1B)

4. Fielder (DH)

5. Reynolds

6. Wieters

7. Reimold

8. Hardy

9. Andino

(Whatever. Something like that.)

1. Guthrie

2. Britton

3. Matusz

4. Arrieta

5. Hunter

That offense might be about on the same level as Boston and New York's, but unless Matusz, Britton, and Arrieta all took major strides next year, we'd still only be competing with Toronto for fourth place, if that. And our defense would suck. And we don't have the technology to clone people. And we're not going to sign Fielder in the first place.

The Orioles shouldn't even try. They are in the toughest division in all of sports. Imagine that the Patriots were in the same division as the Ravens and Steelers, now imagine that the Ravens were the Browns and not the Ravens. That would be like Baltimore in the AL East. We can't compete with the big teams in salary and the Rays are the exception and not the rule. If you buy into any of the above than landing Fielder doesn't make sense because we need so many other parts. For the rest of us and the Orioles front office, this way of looking at things do not work!

Does Prince Fielder make the Orioles better? If the answer is yes than you make a run at Fielder and hope that he has interest in Baltimore. Not trying means that you failed before you even tried and I would rather try and fail than to not try at all. We are middle of the AL pack offensively and Fielder would only help us push into the Yankees, Rangers, Red Sox conversation. Let's put things this way, what do a healthy Roberts and Prince Fielder add to the Orioles offense? Does anyone laugh at a lineup consisting of the 9 players below?

Roberts

Markakis

Jones

Fielder

Reynolds

Wieters

Hardy

Reimold

Davis

The pen is not that far away from being respectible in terms of quality arms. Add TOR starter and middle of the order starter and this team is MUCH better IMO. If you are going to pass on the best players in the game and hope that all parts of a championship team comes from trades or the minors than we might have failed before ever really trying. Either blow it up or push forward, I do not care at this point. Just do SOMETHING and try to make things better and compete.

The Orioles shouldn't even try. They are in the toughest division in all of sports. Imagine that the Patriots were in the same division as the Ravens and Steelers, now imagine that the Ravens were the Browns and not the Ravens. That would be like Baltimore in the AL East. We can't compete with the big teams in salary and the Rays are the exception and not the rule. If you buy into any of the above than landing Fielder doesn't make sense because we need so many other parts. For the rest of us and the Orioles front office, this way of looking at things do not work!

Does Prince Fielder make the Orioles better? If the answer is yes than you make a run at Fielder and hope that he has interest in Baltimore. Not trying means that you failed before you even tried and I would rather try and fail than to not try at all. We are middle of the AL pack offensively and Fielder would only help us push into the Yankees, Rangers, Red Sox conversation. Let's put things this way, what do a healthy Roberts and Prince Fielder add to the Orioles offense? Does anyone laugh at a lineup consisting of the 9 players below?

Roberts

Markakis

Jones

Fielder

Reynolds

Wieters

Hardy

Reimold

Davis

The pen is not that far away from being respectible in terms of quality arms. Add TOR starter and middle of the order starter and this team is MUCH better IMO. If you are going to pass on the best players in the game and hope that all parts of a championship team comes from trades or the minors than we might have failed before ever really trying. Either blow it up or push forward, I do not care at this point. Just do SOMETHING and try to make things better and compete.

Comparing ANY baseball situation to football....:ohlord:

Completely different situation

Completely different UNIVERSE.

• 2 months later...

Archived