Game 162 vs. Rosh Hashanah

Frobby

The final game of the season happens to coincide with the first night of Rosh Hashanah. I was seriously considering getting tickets to this game before I realized the conflict. And now, I have to say it's killing me that it could turn out to be a game that decides whether Boston is in the playoffs. I'll be in services, trying to repent for all the sins I committed this year, while all the time wanting to run outside and check the score of the game. And even if the final game is rendered unimportant by the events of tonight and tomorrow night, the thought of not watching the Orioles' last game of 2012 is really bumming me out.

I'm going to DVR this game, because you can't DVR Rosh Hashanah services. I'm just hoping my piety will be duly rewarded. ;)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The final game of the season happens to coincide with the first night of Rosh Hashanah. I was seriously considering getting tickets to this game before I realized the conflict. And now, I have to say it's killing me that it could turn out to be a game that decides whether Boston is in the playoffs. I'll be in services, trying to repent for all the sins I committed this year, while all the time wanting to run outside and check the score of the game. And even if the final game is rendered unimportant by the events of tonight and tomorrow night, the thought of not watching the Orioles' last game of 2012 is really bumming me out.

I'm going to DVR this game, because you can't DVR Rosh Hashanah services. I'm just hoping my piety will be duly rewarded. ;)

Piety is it's own reward. You and Koufax. Good company. ;)

I wonder if Kinsler and Braun will play? I know Youkilis is out . Might also be games on Yom Kippur.

You just need to ask yourself, which is likely to give you the happier New Year? ;)

Hopefully their post-season won't make it into the "Book of Life."

Just wondering - "Would Gabe Kapler have played or gone to services????" But for you Frobby, piety > idolatry!

Fun Kapler 'toid - In a clubhouse poll, it was once revealed that of the 25 players on the Red Sox, 24 were Republicans and Kapler was the one Democrat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabe_Kapler

This just in, GOD will be at the game. " reflecting on the suffering and struggles of the Orioles, similar to Moses leading his people through the desert, it is of the utmost importance that i be a OPACY and hear the prayers of millions of Oriole fans throughout the world."

Archived