Terps vs. C-L-E-M-S-O.........N

glenn__davis

I think if someone just read the last couple pages or so of this thread they'd get a lot different idea of Brown and how the game went than what actually happened. I guess that's what game threads are for.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think if someone just read the last couple pages or so of this thread they'd get a lot different idea of Brown and how the game went than what actually happened. I guess that's what game threads are for.

Yah for moral victories. We only lost to Clemson by 11 after holding an 18 point 3rd quarter lead.:rolleyestf:

Brown is a QB with with no accuracy. As long as teams, you know, don't figure that out, I think the offense has a lot of upside. :rolleyestf:

CJ Brown was really impressive with some of the things he did. He's the best running QB since watching Shaun Hill and Scott McBrien, and he's actually a better runner, with those guys having been really good at faking the option handoff.

That said, teams can simply stack the box against him and dare him to beat them with his arm. As we saw on numerous occasions last night, throwing isn't exactly his forte. He's fun to watch, plays hard, and makes good decisions on his feet. But he's a short passing QB, and when you need to move the ball down field quickly, he may not be your guy. You could make the argument he's the kind of guy who can beat a prevent defense, but he has limitations that will hinder your offense. Still, I don't put any of the blame for last night on him. The offense rang up 38 points last night. Hard to really fault him.

The tackling was awful. The special teams was awful. When I ripped the special teams coach last night, I actually had some of the assistants and staff shake their heads and gesture at me like I was the idiot. That guy is simply an atrocity.

Also, during a goal line situation in the first half, I was screaming for DJ Adams. Had at least three players turn around and nod at me in agreement, like I was asking for the most obvious thing in the world and that it made no sense for him not to be in there. Gotta wonder how many more heard me and just kept to themselves?

CJ Brown was really impressive with some of the things he did. He's the best running QB since watching Shaun Hill and Scott McBrien, and he's actually a better runner, with those guys having been really good at faking the option handoff.

That said, teams can simply stack the box against him and dare him to beat them with his arm. As we saw on numerous occasions last night, throwing isn't exactly his forte. He's fun to watch, plays hard, and makes good decisions on his feet. But he's a short passing QB, and when you need to move the ball down field quickly, he may not be your guy. You could make the argument he's the kind of guy who can beat a prevent defense, but he has limitations that will hinder your offense. Still, I don't put any of the blame for last night on him. The offense rang up 38 points last night. Hard to really fault him.

The tackling was awful. The special teams was awful. When I ripped the special teams coach last night, I actually had some of the assistants and staff shake their heads and gesture at me like I was the idiot. That guy is simply an atrocity.

Also, during a goal line situation in the first half, I was screaming for DJ Adams. Had at least three players turn around and nod at me in agreement, like I was asking for the most obvious thing in the world and that it made no sense for him not to be in there. Gotta wonder how many more heard me and just kept to themselves?

It wouldn't suprise me if Edsall has already lost his players. Well, I guess you have to have them before you lose them but semantics. It's really quite laughable and sad all at once.

Yah for moral victories. We only lost to Clemson by 11 after holding an 18 point 3rd quarter lead.:rolleyestf:

Brown is a QB with with no accuracy. As long as teams, you know, don't figure that out, I think the offense has a lot of upside. :rolleyestf:

Get the receivers to catch the balls that hit them in the hands, and stop the holds on long on long pass plays then we will see if he has enough accuracy or not.

It just looks like the WRs, mainly McCree and Tyler, aren't giving 100%.

It's one thing to make mental mistakes and another to make physical mistakes. They just don't seem to exhibit any passion for the game. I don't see either of them making the extra effort on a catch or a route, etc. Could they be "sulking" from their suspension?

Get the receivers to catch the balls that hit them in the hands, and stop the holds on long on long pass plays then we will see if he has enough accuracy or not.

This is exactly right. A lot of BS drops that would have made this offense look even better than it did. The O put up 38 points against a very good Defense. Not only that, but it did it after Clemson had took the lead in the 3rd. They came right down on a long drive and scored. Not 100% sure DOB would have done that.

Its funny how DOB is the golden child that can't do anything wrong and the coaching staff can't do anything right.

It just looks like the WRs, mainly McCree and Tyler, aren't giving 100%.

It's one thing to make mental mistakes and another to make physical mistakes. They just don't seem to exhibit any passion for the game. I don't see either of them making the extra effort on a catch or a route, etc. Could they be "sulking" from their suspension?

If that is the case, get them out of here. We don't need that type of effort in this program. Buy in or get out. Edsall is going to be here for a while. Let him do his job.

This team is starting a ton of Freshman and RS Freshman. They are going to get better over time. Half assing your way through plays helps no one.

If that is the case, get them out of here. We don't need that type of effort in this program. Buy in or get out. Edsall is going to be here for a while. Let him do his job.

This team is starting a ton of Freshman and RS Freshman. They are going to get better over time. Half assing your way through plays helps no one.

Neither does half-assing your way through calling plays. I'm not going to defend the receivers for pulling that crap if it is the case, but with everything that has happened in this program since last December would anyone really blame players for a feeling of (football-related) despair?

The Davin Meggett quote from last night said it all...."either the girl is pregnant or she isn't." There are no moral victories. There is no way to sugarcoat that this program went from mediocrity to down the toilet.

Of course I said nothing about moral victories.

The point is MD was predicted by many to be dominated in this game and not much was expected out of Brown. However, they were better than anticipated on both fronts. Yet, people are acting as if the opposite is true. Oh and if the receivers could catch the ball Brown would have had even better results.

Of course I said nothing about moral victories.

The point is MD was predicted by many to be dominated in this game and not much was expected out of Brown. However, they were better than anticipated on both fronts. Yet, people are acting as if the opposite is true. Oh and if the receivers could catch the ball Brown would have had even better results.

Hey, you and I agree on something haha. The fact that MD was even in this game is a small miracle. People want to kill Edsall for losing this game but it's not a game many thought Maryland would even be competitive in.

Glad to see everyone's expectations are so high. I guess while we choke big leads' date=' tolerate an annoying coach who can't utilize the talents on his roster, [b']and go 3-9 for the next 5 years[/b], we should all just sit back and reflect on how lucky we are to be able to hang with a ranked team now and then.

sky-is-falling.jpg

Glad to see everyone's expectations are so high. I guess while we choke big leads' date=' tolerate an annoying coach who can't utilize the talents on his roster, and go 3-9 for the next 5 years, we should all just sit back and reflect on how lucky we are to be able to hang with a ranked team now and then.[/quote']

Haha, well I should consider the source here considering you're the guy who said the Blazers were the worst team in the NBA last year. Negative much? I'm not saying anything positive about Edsall or of course anything about going 3-9 the next 5 years.

There were obviously some issues last night, but Brown wasn't one of them. The defense and the receivers dropping balls were the biggest problems imo. Yet, most of the complaining has been about the QB situation.

BTW, I absolutely hated Edsall's use of back to back timeouts in the second half. That was a joke.

I am not pro-Edsall, but I think it's a bit much to be as negative about him as you and others are so soon into his tenure.

Archived