Terps vs. C-L-E-M-S-O.........N

glenn__davis

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've said it when they got blown out by unranked Temple. I said it when we hired the guy, but I was yelled at for not giving him a chance. My problems aren't in the superficial results, they are in EVERY little thing he's done. I don't like the schemes, I don't like the coaching, I don't like the way he handled the botched suspensions. I get the impression he thinks he's the coach, it's his system and his way or the highway. He's not established enough for that. I mean who is this clown? He had a good year at UCONN, whoopdie-doo. He's being outcoached by TOWSON.

Sorry, ranting more than I should. I just really don't like the guy, and I didn't think we needed to force Fridge out the way we did for someone like him. For Leach, sure why not, but for an unproven guy from a non-football school? No thanks.

This is what it boils down to. You don't force out Fridge for this idiot. You do it to spark a program that had become stale but was still above average. Just a monumental failure by KA. Actually, I've heard KA wanted Leach but other people at MD were against it. If that's true, I'll take some of the blame off KA but you still made a bad mistake firing RF if you didn't know for sure Leach was going to be allowed to coach here.

Unfortunately' date=' Kevin Anderson will have to be fired too. But we can hope. Meanwhile, Mike Leach is sitting in Key West laughing.[/quote'] Turg will probably save him. I think he is a keeper, though he backed into him after Miller debacle so who knows.

I've said it when they got blown out by unranked Temple. I said it when we hired the guy, but I was yelled at for not giving him a chance. My problems aren't in the superficial results, they are in EVERY little thing he's done. I don't like the schemes, I don't like the coaching, I don't like the way he handled the botched suspensions. I get the impression he thinks he's the coach, it's his system and his way or the highway. He's not established enough for that. I mean who is this clown? He had a good year at UCONN, whoopdie-doo. He's being outcoached by TOWSON.

Sorry, ranting more than I should. I just really don't like the guy, and I didn't think we needed to force Fridge out the way we did for someone like him. For Leach, sure why not, but for an unproven guy from a non-football school? No thanks.

No problem. I'm not arguing against you. Forget coaching schemes, because what do I know? There've been several things I haven't liked about Edsall the man. And it's not my intention to give you a hard time for not giving him a chance. I wasn't big on the hire; found it to be quite anti-climactic after letting Friedgen go. I'm choosing, at least for now, to give him a chance... and to wait to see what happens when he has a recruiting class or two come in.

Tonight I didn't like the way he chewed out his kicker after the run back TD. I think it shows a misunderstanding of the psychology. I think he intends to replace the kicker in recruiting, so what does he care about treating him like a human being. :rolleyes: And going for it on 4th and long after the holding penalty was stupid. I think when he originally ran for it on 3rd and 5, he was already committed to going for it on 4th; he just didn't change his thinking when the situation changed due to the penalty.

That said, I'm not feeling the emotion of the big blown lead. When they went up 28-10, I thought "maybe they can actually win." But I really thought it was so much of an oddity, there was an emotional disconnect going on. At halftime, I still thought they'd lose by about 10. When they scored in their first 2nd half drive, I thought the 18-point 2nd half lead raised MD's chances of winning to almost 50%. I expected Clemson to come back; so when they did, I thought little of it.

No problem. I'm not arguing against you. Forget coaching schemes, because what do I know? There've been several things I haven't liked about Edsall the man. And it's not my intention to give you a hard time for not giving him a chance. I wasn't big on the hire; found it to be quite anti-climactic after letting Friedgen go. I'm choosing, at least for now, to give him a chance... and to wait to see what happens when he has a recruiting class or two come in.

Tonight I didn't like the way he chewed out his kicker after the run back TD. I think it shows a misunderstanding of the psychology. I think he intends to replace the kicker in recruiting, so what does he care about treating him like a human being. :rolleyes: And going for it on 4th and long after the holding penalty was stupid. I think when he originally ran for it on 3rd and 5, he was already committed to going for it on 4th; he just didn't change his thinking when the situation changed due to the penalty.

That said, I'm not feeling the emotion of the big blown lead. When they went up 28-10, I thought "maybe they can actually win." But I really thought it was so much of an oddity, there was an emotional disconnect going on. At halftime, I still thought they'd lose by about 10. When they scored in their first 2nd half drive, I thought the 18-point 2nd half lead raised MD's chances of winning to almost 50%. I expected Clemson to come back; so when they did, I thought little of it.

It's one thing to be bad at your job, but to be both bad and incredibly unlikable...that's special.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm not happy w/2-4 but I'm fine with Edsall for a few years. Let's judge him once he has his recruits and systems in place. I'm also OK w/Crowton. The D-coordinator though, ugh... can't we do better?

We found out that CJ can play. I actually like what he brings to the table, we haven't had the option for several years. I also have faith that DOB can turn it around. If in REs judgment CJ has earned it and he's a better fit for the offense/team right now, I'm fine with it. Let the better QB start.

Something has to be done about the WR corps. McCree and Tyler are killing them right now with all those drops but w/Dorsey injured...who else is there? Is it a lack of concentration? I don't get it. Somebody needs to wake them up.

Wow, playing 5 freshmen on defense? I'm not sure what that says. I guess if anything he can tell recruits that if they are ready, he has no trouble playing freshmen.

Archived