Terps vs. C-L-E-M-S-O.........N

glenn__davis

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So what's the deal w/Kenny Tate and why hasn't he been playing?

Eric Prisbell of the Washington Post has reported that he has been told by someone at the school that Tate is indeed injured and not just being held out. Prisbell clearly has been skeptical.

Kenny Tate, who did not play against Georgia Tech, is listed as doubtful again with an undisclosed injury. Last week, a school spokesperson confirmed to me that Tate has a physical ailment. I wanted to make sure that Tate was hurt.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/terrapins-insider/post/maryland-football-vs-clemson-official-prediction-thread/2011/10/14/gIQA1AAqjL_blog.html#pagebreak

And if anyone found out the real deal, the Soviets will win!

Unless Tate has signed a release the school is prohibited from releasing info about his medical condition. I am not saying this is the reason for the hush hush treatment but I am saying sometimes it is not just the Head Coach holding out the info.

Much more so than Georgia Tech, Clemson is the real deal. As good as Clemson's schedule is, an ACC team will have a hard time moving into the Top 5 or so nationally. Clemson will be motivated to handle MD in an away game. Logically, I'll be pleasantly surprised if this isn't a blow out. Emotionally, I'm hoping O'Brien and the offense turn it around and the Homecoming crowd inspires something unexpected.

That's a good excuse, but your understanding of injury reporting as it comes to HIPPA isn't accurate.

Not trying to pick a fight but what exactly do I have wrong? I know our players have to sign three HIPPA related forms relating to medical information all of which clearly state that the player has the right to rescind the authorization at anytime or in relation to any condition. Now in practical terms these releases are applied when the information is being share between medical professionals or from medical professionals and coaches/trainers. However I could see certain injuries were a player would not like to let the information out (for example Pie's injury a couple of years ago). I could see a college guy not wanting everyone knowing about certain problems. My reason for thinking something else is going on is we know about other injuries but not this one.

Heck there is a lot to not like from what we have seen from Edsell. I just don't see this as a big deal. I would be much more critical of Edsell's staff being able to completely screw up a pretty good QB.

Much more so than Georgia Tech, Clemson is the real deal. As good as Clemson's schedule is, an ACC team will have a hard time moving into the Top 5 or so nationally. Clemson will be motivated to handle MD in an away game. Logically, I'll be pleasantly surprised if this isn't a blow out. Emotionally, I'm hoping O'Brien and the offense turn it around and the Homecoming crowd inspires something unexpected.

I don't know about GT being the real deal (I've seen them struggle some), but Clemson is very good. I wouldn't be surprised to see them run the table and get shutout of the NCG.

EDIT: Nevermind, I read what you said wrong.

I don't know about GT being the real deal (I've seen them struggle some), but Clemson is very good. I wouldn't be surprised to see them run the table and get shutout of the NCG.

EDIT: Nevermind, I read what you said wrong.

Yeah, I can see how that happened. Each sentence is clearly written. But as a paragraph, it's all over the place.

@D1scourse

Patrick Stevens

C.J. Brown is taking snaps from starting center Bennett Fulper during the initial QB warmups. Might have the answer there on the starting QB

@D1scourse

Patrick Stevens

And now O'Brien is taking snaps from Fulper. Edsall playing mind games right up until kickoff.

Edsall must be so proud of himself right now. He's just out-smarting all of us. :rolleyestf:

Archived