Orioles likely to name Lacava GM

bOhs01

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would love that.

On a LaCava Note I have recieved additional verification that we should watch tomorrow's events closely. He is said to be an overwhelming favorite, unless he turns the job down. Tomorrow.

And that's what scares me. Interview stockstill in case no one outside of organization wants the job. I like Lacava but I wouldn't blame him for turning the job down.

And that's what scares me. Interview stockstill in case no one outside of organization wants the job. I like Lacava but I wouldn't blame him for turning the job down.
The offer of a GM job to a fifty year old man who has not held that position is a difficult thing to pass up.

The offer of a GM job to a fifty year old man who has not held that position is a difficult thing to pass up.

That's what I keep telling myself. Only 30 of these suckers. From all I've read Lacava seems like the best fit.

A couple years ago Microfracture was like the kiss of death because no one understood the recovery time. Now it looks like a year to get back to activity, and another year or two to get back to pre-injury status, but it does come back at least for the most part.
It's actually pretty common, I think it's all part of the learning process about them since it's a fairly new procedure. You see it more in the NBA, Amare, Arenas guys like that have had it, gone MIA for a couple years (year out, year inneffective) and a lot of them have had a second procedure in there somewhere.

I think it's going to get to the point where they do the microfracture, and then schedule a second surgery to clean things up after a period of rehab since it's happening so often anyway.

Sorry I wasn't on yesterday to address the questions about microfracture. I have treated soccer players and some basketball players who have had microfracture surgery. It does take a year to medically return to full normal function. I don't believe a baseball player would need the extra year that was mentioned like a basketball or football player. The "second" year occurs because the athlete is afraid of hurting the knee again and doesn't trust the knee is fully recovered. Medically they are fine but they often need a whole year of not getting injured to go 100% with their cuts and explosion. I don't believe that would be a huge deal with a baseball player. My thoughts is that even at 90-95% he would be fine, vs. a running back in football or power forward in basketball. Even better if he could play CF the Orioles could move Jones to LF or trade him for some pitching or corner infielder.

Archived