Puerto Rico Tip-Off: Maryland vs. Alabama

Brendan25

I didn't go to the gym today so I could watch this craptastic game. Never went to Maryland, but have always rooted hard for the Terps. I was trying to think of the last time I felt truly good about Maryland basketball, and it was the 2004 tournament.

Makes sense. I didn't go to MD either, but have always been a die hard fan. That tourney was incredible. Gilchrist was so much fun to watch.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I felt really good about Maryland Greivis' senior season. I truly felt that that was a team that could do significant damage in the NCAA tournament. And I am more optimistic about the future of this program now more then ever. I am extremely excited about the class coming in next year and can't wait to see Len in 8 games. Just not enough depth or talent on this team at this time.

The defense has been good this half, but they still can't score, rebound, or get out of their own way.

They have nobody that can knock down that jumpshot. Stoglin is the best scorer, and he does it by driving to the bucket. Faust was supposed to be that guy to knock down the jumper, but over the first two games that has been non-existant.

The defense has been good this half, but they still can't score, rebound, or get out of their own way.
Alabama does not look that impressive to me, we are just not making shots. One thing is for sure....we are going to be last in the ACC in three point shooting.

Keep in mind that Alabama has been in sigfnicant foul trouble for most of the game and some of their key players have not played much.

If Stoglin ever learned to be efficient on shooting 10-15 shots a game...He'd be a great 3rd or 4th option. I want to get Faust some open jump shot looks.

Faust has looked abysmal at the offensive end for two straight games - particularly his jumper. He's a big part of the future, but this is a bit of a stretch. (Further, with even ONE other option, Stoglin would look a lot better right now.)

Faust has looked abysmal at the offensive end for two straight games - particularly his jumper. He's a big part of the future, but this is a bit of a stretch. (Further, with even ONE other option, Stoglin would look a lot better right now.)

A bit of a stretch to want to see Faust take some jumpshots?

I think Alabama's defense deserves at least some credit for that.

You can't credit missed wide-open jumpers to the Alabama defense. Faust has one of the ugliest looking jump shots from a guard you will ever see. I don't see him ever knocking down jumpers on a regular basis with that kind of form. It's a shame because I thought the scouting reports said that he could shoot the ball. We heard the same thing about Mosley before he arrived here.

How many GOOD shooters have we had in the last ten years? Mike Jones, maybe Eric Hayes.......that's it. If you really want to feel your blood boil look at what Terrance Ross has been doing in Washington.

I know things will get better, but we are in for a brutal year and we NEED to start recruiting shooters not "athletes".

Faust's jumper will come around. I don't think there have been that many wide open jumpshot opportunities. I just think Bama's defense is really, really good and will get after you. They do a great job of staying on their man through picks and stay on the ball as well.

Archived