• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the only shot we have at avoiding a steep "loser tax" is to offer Fielder an opt-out at the end of Year 3. That way, if we are still losers and he's miserable, he can leave. And actually, that structure would be fine with me, because it keeps Fielder incentivized to keep his numbers up.

I agree with this, big time. He can still have a big payday at 30.

Fielder's been on a recruiting trip for the past eight days and still has a couple more stops.

Could Baltimore be on the list of destinations?

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ti-brown_hardball_prince_fielder_recruting_trip_122011

FWIW, Adam really wants Fielder. Knowing him personally, I was talking to him, and he said "When I was with Fielder after the season, he was a great dude, REALLY funny dude." He went on to say that he wants to stay in Baltimore, if they prove to him that they are committed to winning, and adding a guy like Prince would definitely show him that Baltimore wants to win.

Also, we talked about the young pitching, and Adam said to look out for Matusz and Arrieta this season on the mound, said that they were "bulldogs" and are working their [butts] off. However, the pitcher he is most intrigued by is Strop he said.

Take it for what its worth but Adam wants Fielder in Baltimore to augment the core.

FWIW, Adam really wants Fielder. Knowing him personally, I was talking to him, and he said "When I was with Fielder after the season, he was a great dude, REALLY funny dude." He went on to say that he wants to stay in Baltimore, if they prove to him that they are committed to winning, and adding a guy like Prince would definitely show him that Baltimore wants to win.

Also, we talked about the young pitching, and Adam said to look out for Matusz and Arrieta this season on the mound, said that they were "bulldogs" and are working their [butts] off. However, the pitcher he is most intrigued by is Strop he said.

Take it for what its worth but Adam wants Fielder in Baltimore to augment the core.

Who is Adam?

I don't know if that's a great name for a heavy-metal band or a workout video! :)

Archived