If you think this Organization Blows, is the laughing stock of MLB, then

Fan4Life

What??? I don't even know what to make of this. Have you been drinking? I simply answered the guy's question.

Yeah man, I was defending you with a heavy dose of sarcasm:) I definitely was not attacking you. I even got an infraction for attacking you:) I DEFINITELY was not attacking you but making fun of everyone jumping on this poor author of the blog entry/article attacking the O's. I mean the guy was just putting his thoughts on the O's out there and everyone attacked him for his grammar and his perceived anti-O's stance.

My apologies for the misunderstaning man. I was definitely defending you. Your response was obviously very well thought out.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why does the writer deserve out attention?

I don't even know why the thread was started. Some guy out in the internet posted an opinion piece and everyone jumps on the poor guy. He is clearly as frustrated as many of us. No need to discredit his name by attacking his grammar and IQ.

I think you guys missed my sarcasm here. I definitely was not attacking millertime. It was a general criticism of people attacking the author of the original post/entry.

I do read posts. The sarcasm I guess did not translate on here. My apologies if that is the case. I would never attack someone like you just did:)

The general rule of thumb is, if you are attaching some's post you're referring to it. If you want to make a general point don't attach to a specifc post. If you want people to get your sarcasm, use one of these :rolleyestf: other wise I fear you gave little chance they will.

The general rule of thumb is, if you are attaching some's post you're referring to it. If you want to make a general point don't attach to a specifc post. If you want people to get your sarcasm, use one of these :rolleyestf: other wise I fear you gave little chance they will.

I definitely learned the hard way though. Again, my apologies. That was definitely heavy sarcasm, will do:) Sorry again for the confusion. I definitely was not attacking millertime. His post was very well thought out.

Yeah man, I was defending you with a heavy dose of sarcasm:) I definitely was not attacking you. I even got an infraction for attacking you:) I DEFINITELY was not attacking you but making fun of everyone jumping on this poor author of the blog entry/article attacking the O's. I mean the guy was just putting his thoughts on the O's out there and everyone attacked him for his grammar and his perceived anti-O's stance.

My apologies for the misunderstaning man. I was definitely defending you. Your response was obviously very well thought out.

It's all good man but my response was not in regard to the article that Roy linked to start this post. My response was to someone else throughout the post who simply asked what could have been done to make this offseason different. I wasn't mocking the guy who wrote the article...I actually agreed with his article ironically.

I don't care who's right or wrong. I'm just damned tired of all these "writers" piling on the Orioles. Get back, get back, you don't know me like that.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/37aG0c23Gx4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

We'll see but I don't think MIN is doing anything this year and neither is SEA.

Just because they aren't likely to make the playoffs does not mean that the Orioles as a franchise is any better than them. Minnesota has been in the playoffs 6 out of the past 10 seasons. Seattle hasn't been great the past 10 seasons but they at least have had a couple seasons with a winning record and right now have much better young talent than the Orioles do. Even Houston has at least been in the playoffs in the last 10 years and even made it to the World Series. How are any of them as franchises worse than the Orioles and how are any of them considered the laughing stock of the league?

Just because they aren't likely to make the playoffs does not mean that the Orioles as a franchise is any better than them. Minnesota has been in the playoffs 6 out of the past 10 seasons. Seattle hasn't been great the past 10 seasons but they at least have had a couple seasons with a winning record and right now have much better young talent than the Orioles do. Even Houston has at least been in the playoffs in the last 10 years and even made it to the World Series. How are any of them as franchises worse than the Orioles and how are any of them considered the laughing stock of the league?
What does what the've done in the past have to do with what they will do this season. MIN has lost Cuddyer and Kubel and still doesn't know whats up with Mauer and Morneau health wise. They didn't do much this ofdf season and they were terrible last year. I also don't expect much from the White Sox. SEA has lost their 2cnd best SP for a bat, but they will need more than Montero to hit, if they want to generate any kind of offense.

What does what the've done in the past have to do with what they will do this season. MIN has lost Cuddyer and Kubel and still doesn't know whats up with Mauer and Morneau health wise. They didn't do much this ofdf season and they were terrible last year. I also don't expect much from the White Sox. SEA has lost their 2cnd best SP for a bat, but they will need more than Montero to hit, if they want to generate any kind of offense.

What's the point in debating when you're clearly using different definitions of the word "laughingstock"?

The O's might well be the worst franchise in baseball based on recent history and future potential. They might also not be the worst team record-wise in 2012. Pick a definition, then argue.

What's the point in debating when you're clearly using different definitions of the word "laughingstock"?

The O's might well be the worst franchise in baseball based on recent history and future potential. They might also not be the worst team record-wise in 2012. Pick a definition, then argue.

I disregard stuff like laughing stock. Depends on what you find funny.Otherwise it's meaningless blather. I think this year's team will be a .500 team because I think the SP will be improved by at least 10 W's. Given how bad it was last season that won't be difficult to do. Only the worst case scemario of injury and regression will keep that from happening IMO. I think a .500 record will put us ahead of a number of teams including MIN, SEA, and HOU.

I disregard stuff like laughing stock. Depends on what you find funny.Otherwise it's meaningless blather. I think this year's team will be a .500 team because I think the SP will be improved by at least 10 W's. Given how bad it was last season that won't be difficult to do. Only the worst case scemario of injury and regression will keep that from happening IMO. I think a .500 record will put us ahead of a number of teams including MIN, SEA, and HOU.

I won't complain if the pitching improves that dramatically, but I'm not optimistic. Whether it's due to coaching, development, etc., or simply talent, I don't think the O's young pitchers are as good as we've hoped they'd be.

Archived