GAME THREAD: Maryland vs. North Carolina

OFFNY

o

For Maryland, this would be a huge road win against 6th-ranked North Carolina, and their potential 17th win of the season in an effort to make a late run at an NCAA birth. If they don't win the ACC tournament, they would probably need a win tonight, another win against Virginia at home on Sunday, and 2 more wins in the ACC tourney to get into the semi-finals which would give them a realistic chance.

For the Tar Heels, it's their last regular season game before the season finale against Duke on Saturday.

MARYLANDNNNNNNOOOOOo (16-12)

vs.

NORTH CAROLINA (25-4, # 6)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as I would love to see the Terps in the tourney, the scenario you outlined is pretty unrealistic.

That being said, I'm not disappointed with the Terps' season. Finishing this season .500 or better is pretty good. I think they are making some headway in recruiting as well and will be a team to be reckoned in the 2013-14 season.

As much as I would love to see the Terps in the tourney, the scenario you outlined is pretty unrealistic.

That being said, I'm not disappointed with the Terps' season. Finishing this season .500 or better is pretty good. I think they are making some headway in recruiting as well and will be a team to be reckoned in the 2013-14 season.

Oh, I know it is ...... and I'm a Tar Heels fan. :o But since this a Maryland/Orioles board, I figured that I would lay out the scenario for the Terrapins to make the tournament for the home town fans, even if is currently far-fetched. :)

The call a foul every time Zeller takes a shot. Just under 14 minutes to play and he's had 17 free throw attempts. Absolutely terrible referee work there.

That's one way to make sure that Roy Williams' "bench decorum" is in line, I guess. Veyr lop-sided, so far. But part of that is a mismatch in talent. Part of that is, well, expected.

I can't watch the game, but have Weijs, Pankey and Len all really fouled out of the game with over 5 minutes to go? That is crazy.

EDIT - they list Weijs with 4 now, so I guess not.

Looks like another strong game from Pankey. 0 points, 0 rebounds, 5 fouls.

I can't watch the game, but have Weijs, Pankey and Len all really fouled out of the game with over 5 minutes to go? That is crazy.

That's what the officials decided would happen. UNC is so much better than MD, they don't need protection from the officials.

Archived