"Official" 2012 Wins Prediction Poll

TonySoprano

How many wins?  

191 members have voted

1. 1. How many wins?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we see improvements from the calvary, Wieters, and Reimold. I think Jones and Markakis stay pretty much the same. I think Betemit will suck and Johnson will be injured and DH will be pretty much a revolving door. And I think Chen, like Uehara, pitches lights out until the heat/five days rest catches up with him and then spends most the season on the disabled list. The team, overall, will be highly mediocre but not terrible. 76 wins.

I think AJ has a career year and Wieters keeps improving. JJ sees a slight drop in his numbers except in games played. Reynolds sees an increase in BA, walks, and a drop in SO. And Chris Tillman and Brian Matusz rise to anchor the rotation taking us to 88 wins and a wildcard.

Aw, leave a guy alone, I can dream can't I?

Went with the ever popular 71-75 wins. Can't see this team being worse than last year. Pitching is the key and I think it will be better than last season with Arrieta healthy, Matusz much improved over last year (after all, it would be nearly impossible for him to be worse), Chen and Hammel proving to be better than any of the options we threw (literally) out there last season, and Hunter filling Guthrie's role as an innings eater without equalling Guthrie's 17 losses. The lineup is better simply by getting rid of Lee and Guerrero. The Betemit, Johnson, Davis trio rotating through 1B and DH is bound to be better than last year's non-dynamic duo.

I don't see much yet to indicate that they'll do more than 2-3 wins better than last year. We have a lot of question marks in the rotation which could go either way. I guess on the bright side, we shouldn't be giving about 50 innings to a guy with an ERA over 10. On offense, Jones, Hardy and Wieters had career years and Reynolds had his second best season ever, so hope for the best there, but a small downgrade may not be out of the question. Betemit v. Guerrero doesn't strike me as much of an upgrade, if any. Is this the first time in six years they get to 70 wins?

Archived