Classless post on Ravens facebook page

Enjoy Terror

No, I am just saying that you and others are crying over nothing.

And of course they changed it and said something...that had to pacify the overly sensitive.

You are very much pro Ravens organization. Understandably so, but call a spade a spade. Poor community post, someone higher up saw it, made decision to gank it. Should never have been posted. It's over because they rightfully did right.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You are very much pro Ravens organization. Understandably so, but call a spade a spade. Poor community post, someone higher up saw it, made decision to gank it. Should never have been posted. It's over because they rightfully did right.

I do not need to call it anything because it was no big deal.

You guys need to take the speedos off and take a little ribbing. It was not even that bad.

You guys need to take the speedos off and take a little ribbing. It was not even that bad.

Between friends? Sure. Organizations in same town on Opening Day? No. Just classless. Superior saw it as so and made right.

People can love the Ravens all they want, and I do. But I'll call a spade a spade.

If there wasn't a vocal subset of the Ravens fanbase who are actively dismissive of the Orioles, you and SG might be right. Unfortunately, it makes them sound like they want those fans more than ones who want to be fans of both teams, and those of us in the latter group need to choose.

That's not a good idea for any organization. That's why they withdrew the post and apologized. If it "wasn't that bad" or otherwise didn't matter, so few people would have complained that they wouldn't have taken notice.

If there wasn't a vocal subset of the Ravens fanbase who are actively dismissive of the Orioles, you and SG might be right. Unfortunately, it makes them sound like they want those fans more than ones who want to be fans of both teams, and those of us in the latter group need to choose.

That's not a good idea for any organization. That's why they withdrew the post and apologized. If it "wasn't that bad" or otherwise didn't matter, so few people would have complained that they wouldn't have taken notice.

Rep to you.

PR personnel for each NFL team are hired by the NFL and get hired by the team's PR staff after being assigned to the candidate pool.

They are sorry anyone was offended as it wasn't their intent to offend Orioles fans. Most of whom are Ravens fans as well.

The person who made the post isn't even a sports fan.

They had to apologize because of the whiners. If people took it for what it is they wouldnt have felt obligated to change it.

No, I am just saying that you and others are crying over nothing.

And of course they changed it and said something...that had to pacify the overly sensitive.

Haha, you really are a piece of work sometimes. Some Ravens employee, probably a young inexperience intern, made a mistake. It was in poor taste and the Ravens rightfully jumped in and apologized. They didn't do this to pacify the "overly sensitive, they did it because the organization is classy and once some in authority saw the ill-defined post they immediately took action.

It was a classless post, but that doesn't make the organization classless. It meant they need to make sure their people who update the facebook page are a little more mature and experienced in public relations. The organization corrected a wrong and I applaud them for it.

Haha, you really are a piece of work sometimes. Some Ravens employee, probably a young inexperience intern, made a mistake. It was in poor taste and the Ravens rightfully jumped in and apologized. They didn't do this to pacify the "overly sensitive, they did it because the organization is classy and once some in authority saw the ill-defined post they immediately took action.

It was a classless post, but that doesn't make the organization classless. It meant they need to make sure their people who update the facebook page are a little more mature and experienced in public relations. The organization corrected a wrong and I applaud them for it.

Why, because I don't agree with YOU? LOL

And yes, its classless to the overly sensitive. I stand by that.

Tony, I'm surprised by your response. I would've guessed you would have been in the "people need to have thicker skin boat".

Tony, I'm surprised by your response. I would've guessed you would have been in the "people need to have thicker skin boat".

So 20 years pass and Trent Differ is throwing out the first Pass. No Super Bowls since. No playoffs at all for 8 years. This Post would be ok if the Orioles have Won a recent World Series on the day of the Raven's home opener? A photo of Camden Yards? I think the situation was handled correctly and the normally classy Ravens organization corrected a Faux Pas.

Archived