Tommy Hunter Tonight

OFFNY

Big night for Hunter.

So which Hunter do the O's get?

The one that pitched a 7 inning shutout against the Twins or the one that has allowed 12 earned runs in his last two starts?

Drum roll.

Are the Twins batting? If not, then I wouldn't expect that outcome.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are the Twins batting? If not, then I wouldn't expect that outcome.

That Twins offense hasn't been so bad since we played them, Frank. In a 4-game split with the Yankees in the Bronx, they scored 7 runs, 6 runs, 6 runs, and 3 runs in the series. In a 3-game set against the Angels, they scored 10 runs, 6 runs, and 1 run.

On the other hand, the Rangers and the D-Rays shut them down pretty well in 5 of the 6 games that they played against them.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/MIN/2012-schedule-scores.shtml

Hunter is going to do a better job keeping the ball in the park (FB down) and be more effective with his changeup and curveball. I'm still bullish on Tommy, but like any pitcher it's a matter of executing more good pitches and less bad ones. Go Tommy.

Is there any chance we could get a mod to change the title of these threads from "Player X tonight" to "Player X performance thread" or something to that effect? It is a super minor thing but when I hop on the forum and see that there are 80+ posts it makes me think I missed a no-hitter or something.

Is there any chance we could get a mod to change the title of these threads from "Player X tonight" to "Player X performance thread" or something to that effect? It is a super minor thing but when I hop on the forum and see that there are 80+ posts it makes me think I missed a no-hitter or something.

These threads shouldn't be pulled up again everytime the guy pitches, start a new thread. Most of this thread is not on "Tommy Hunter Tonight".

Archived