Pitches: 84 (56 Strikes, 28 Balls)

2012 ERA: 2.77

1st Inning:o 10 Pitches

2nd Inning:. 13 Pitches

3rd Inning:o 11 Pitches

4th Inning:o 15 Pitches

5th Inning:o 15 Pitches

6th Inning:o 14 Pitches

7th Inning:o o6 Pitches (Only Pitched to one batter. Walked him)

TOTAL:OOOO 84 Pitches

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just not a good outing.Too many pitches up. This is not a power hitting team either

Very dissapointing tonight. Probably what we will see most of this year. Mediocre.

I agree, Roy. Mediocre. I did appreciate him essentially getting 5 outs in the 4th inning though, and picking up THREE bad defensive plays by his defense in said inning ........ 2 of them on the same play.

A. Reimold's error.

B. Hardy choking on the relay throw, which should have had Bautista out by at least 15 feet.

C. Davis' error.

I agree, Roy. Mediocre. I did appreciate him essentially getting 5 outs in the 4th inning though, and picking up THREE bad defensive plays by his defense in said inning ........ 2 of them on the same play.

A. Reimold's error.

B. Hardy choking on the relay throw, which should have had Bautista out by at least 15 feet.

C. Davis' error.

I believe only one run scored in that inning, which was unearned. Hunter missed a lot of spots today. When he misses up, his cutter flattens out so it's basically an 86 mph 4-seam fastball. Any team will crush that and the Blue Jays did. This is also why he gave up the 4 home runs.

I don't know. This is kind of what I expect from him. It's not going to be pretty. But Toronto's lineup is damn good. If he can give us 6+ innings of work on a regular basis I'll take it. He's a long reliever on a good team. But an innings eater for us.

I believe only one run scored in that inning, which was unearned. Hunter missed a lot of spots today. When he misses up, his cutter flattens out so it's basically an 86 mph 4-seam fastball. Any team will crush that and the Blue Jays did. This is also why he gave up the 4 home runs.

I know that. That's what I said. He was mediocre, but I liked the fact that he essentially got 5 outs in the 4th inning.

Huh? They set a record for homers two years ago!

Toronto was 1st in all of ML baseball in homers in 2010.

In 2011 they fell all of the way to 5th. Not a powerhitting team? I guess we have different definitions of power.

That was two years ago when they had Buck (20), Overbay (20), Hill (26), Wells (31), A Gonzalez (17), Encarnacion (21)

You want me to tell you how many of those guys are on their roster?

Their lineup isn't as fearsome as it used to be.

Hunter got the ball up today.

Tommy doesn't have stuff. He didn't fool anybody.

You simply can not give up HR in the bottom of the innings 3 times when your team either gives you the lead or recovers and ties the game in the top half of the inning. You have to hold serve and take the momentum.

This guy can give us innings but he really does not have quality stuff. Give me Britton when he's ready ... or Tillman for that matter.

That was two years ago when they had Buck (20), Overbay (20), Hill (26), Wells (31), A Gonzalez (17), Encarnacion (21)

You want me to tell you how many of those guys are on their roster?

Their lineup isn't as fearsome as it used to be.

Hunter got the ball up today.

Arencibia (23), Lind (26), Johnson (21), Rasmus (23 in 2010). They still have boppers.

Still not sure why people are making it out like this team can't hit the long ball.

If you tell me there will be a night that you're starter is going to give up four home runs that sounds like your team is going to get blown out. But when you hardly walk anybody good things happen. He didn't have his A game, but he kept us in the game that we ended up winning. When Andino hits a ball 420 feet to straight away center, you know the ball is jumping out of the park.

Arencibia (23), Lind (26), Johnson (21), Rasmus (23 in 2010). They still have boppers.

Still not sure why people are making it out like this team can't hit the long ball.

They hit four today off a guy who clearly didn't have his best stuff. I'm just saying these guys aren't the same team who set the record for home runs.

They hit four today off a guy who clearly didn't have his best stuff. I'm just saying these guys aren't the same team who set the record for home runs.

True. I think they are somewhere in between that record-setting home-run bunch of 2010, and Roy's assertion that they are not a power-hitting club.

I believe that they are a power-hitting club, albeit not the stratosphere hitters of 2010.

They most likely won't set the record this year, agreed. But they are still a power hitting team (which the opposite was claimed earlier in the thread). They have seven guys that are capable of hitting mid 20s HRs, including Bautista that can bang out 40 to 50.

I didn't know where else to post this, but in Hunter's post-game interview, he made two intriguing (to me, anyway) comments. One, he noted that Nick was the leader of this team and players are following his example. Second, he praised Betemit's play at third. Recall his last start, where Reynolds' error cost him runs and preventend him from getting through the eighth.

Archived