ORIOLES vs. YANKEES 4/09

OFFNY

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is just a brutal performance. There is no excuse for the kind of command he had tonight. I will say this, if Matusz is now a 90-91 MPH fastball guy, he's going to have to have command of he changeup. Coming up his changeup was his goto pitch, and now he seems to have lost the pitch. Without that pitch Matusz is no better than a 5th starter.

Yup. I was not in the send him to aaa camp but after tonight I'm leaning that way. That was about as ugly as it gets. His delivery is a frigging mess. I think he needs some time away from the spot light to try and get his mojo back. Because that is not going to get it done. I'd give him one more start.

MATUSZ TONIGHT:

IP: 4

H: 6

R: 4

BB: 4

SO: 1

Pitches: 96 (52 Strikes, 44 Balls)

2011 ERA: 9.00

1st Inning:. 30 Pitches

2nd Inning: 11 Pitches

3rd Inning:. 23 Pitches

4h Inning:.. 32 Pitches

TOTAL:O. 96 Pitches

Lower ERA than last year. Baby steps...?

:vader:

This is just a brutal performance. There is no excuse for the kind of command he had tonight. I will say this, if Matusz is now a 90-91 MPH fastball guy, he's going to have to have command of he changeup. Coming up his changeup was his goto pitch, and now he seems to have lost the pitch. Without that pitch Matusz is no better than a 5th starter.

:agree:

Or a 6th, in our case...?

Maybe he needs to go down to AAA ball and reinvent himself. In a year or two he can come up as a younger version of Carl Pavano. And hopefully better. But yeah, throwing 90 isn't the end of the world if you have command. But Matusz has neither command nor velocity right now, and that's just not good enough with Wada and (at some point?) even Britton looming.

Basically we don't need Matusz with the glut of decent pitchers we have today.

Who's aligning them defensively? Seems like they're always in great position. I never thought Hardy would catch that liner to end the 4th. Then that groundout to Andino where he was playing almost straight up the middle, and it was hit right to him.

Archived