ORIOLES vs. YANKEES 4/11

OFFNY

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply
100+ pitches?

The problem with that of course is he was already over 100 pitches when Jeter stepped up, he wasn't struggling let him go after Jeter. To me, if you send the guy out there you have already given into the idea that he's going over the magical 100 pitch count marker. Too many managers get married to that and Buck is one of em.

He had a chance to get the final out, instead he allowed a baserunner. He throws a clean inning we don't see Ayala in the 7th.

I don't agree. He shouldn't necessarily have to be perfect to finish the inning. I think that 2 outs against 3 batters in the 7th inning is good enough to have another chance.

The problem with that of course is he was already over 100 pitches when Jeter stepped up, he wasn't struggling let him go after Jeter. To me, if you send the guy out there you have already given into the idea that he's going over the magical 100 pitch count marker. Too many managers get married to that and Buck is one of em.

Not like say, Dusty Baker?

The problem with that of course is he was already over 100 pitches when Jeter stepped up, he wasn't struggling let him go after Jeter. To me, if you send the guy out there, you have already given into the idea that he's going over the magical 100 pitch count marker. Too many managers get married to that, and Buck is one of 'em.

I think you'd love Nolan Ryan's pitching philosophy. ;) I do.

I honestly don't think it was the pitch count myself. Jeter was 6-15 off of him. I think it was the match up.

Evidently the Pens/Flyers game has been excellent. Pens got a 3-0 lead, but it's 3-3 now late in the game.

This NHL update was brought to you by crissfan172 (neutral observer) and sponsored by Gary Thorne.

I've been flipping back and forth. Go Flyers!

Archived