Tillman Tonight

OFFNY

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do we know that he is definitely making the start tonight ? I mean he hasn't been scratched as to bring him up for the start on Saturday?

Nope. That's why in the other thread (Gonzo Part II, Tillman, and Gonzo are all Knocking on the Door), I was careful to say that he was scheduled to pitch tonight. :scratchchinhmm: :)

Nope. That's why in the other thread (Gonzo Part II, Tillman, and Gonzo are all Knocking on the Door), I was careful to say that he was scheduled to pitch tonight. :scratchchinhmm: :)

Didn't even even check that thread. When I did last it seemed to be the hopes of many to have Gonzalez brought up. So, you see I came here to find out about....oh wait:scratchchinhmm:;)

I was really hoping for a text from the Sun stating he had been recalled, but I have the Norfolk gameday site on my phone. Just was wondering if there was any other news.

They just announced that he is pitching.

Ooooh, didn't know that was a radio link. Thx, he's starting.

Pulled after 5.2 after a soft (very soft) single into right center. Not sure what's up w/ them pulling him so quickly these days.

5.2IP, 5H 1ER 1BB 7K.

96 pitches, 65 strikes. 5:4 GB:FB.

Another pretty dominant outing for Tillman tonight:

5.2 IP 5 H 1 R 1 ER 1 BB 7 K 95 P, 65 S

(they took him out after giving out a 2-out single in the 6th after he had retired Luke Donald and Travis Hafner.)

EDIT: Lucky Jim beat me to it. Hopefully they're handling him with the kiddie-gloves because they know he has bigger things awaiting him. I'm ready to see him come up.

CHRIS TILLMAN O(vs. AAA-Columbus Clippers 6/27)

IP:O 5.67

H:o. 5 (1 Double, 4 Singles)

R:O. 1

BB:. 1

SO:. 7

Pitches: 96 (65 Strikes, 31 Balls)

2012 ERA: 3.63

TILLMAN BY INNINGS

10 (9 Strikes, 1 Ball)

8 o(6 Strikes, 2 Balls)

13 *

* Tillman recorded 2 outs in the 6th inning before departing.

Good news in terms of a solid outing, but 96 pitches in 5.2 is disappointing.

Eh. 68 pitches through his final 4 2/3 IP, which isn't too bad. He could have completed six pretty easily under 100 pitches, which isn't really a huge flag. Feels like we're nitpicking a bit at this point, frankly. I suppose we can always find something to be disappointed in if we look closely enough.

Not counting his monsoon start, Tillman (even with the two pitch inefficient starts recently) is averaging about 15.8 pitches per inning in his last 6 starts.

Eh. 68 pitches through his final 4 2/3 IP, which isn't too bad. He could have completed six pretty easily under 100 pitches, which isn't really a flag. Feels like we're nitpicking a bit at this point, frankly. I suppose we can always find something to be disappointed in if we look closely enough.

Aren't you glad to have an Oriole Nerd on board so you can quickly cite things like that ??? :o

Archived