vs Rays 5/12/12

Satyr3206

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Explain it again though. He was on waivers, Gonzalez got traded for a PTBNL. That ended up being Strop. I still don't get how it was both.

The Rangers put him on waivers, the O's claimed him, the Rangers didn't pull him back. I imagine if the Twins (who had a worse record) had claimed him the Rangers would have pulled him back.

That is my recollection of what occurred.

Explain it again though. He was on waivers, Gonzalez got traded for a PTBNL. That ended up being Strop. I still don't get how it was both.

They put him on waivers because the Orioles were the only team who could claim him. When the O's claimed him, they stated that he was the PTBNL.

The Rangers put him on waivers, the O's claimed him, the Rangers didn't pull him back. I imagine if the Twins (who had a worse record) had claimed him the Rangers would have pulled him back.

Then what did we get for Gonzalez?

Because it was after the trade deadline so it was a waiver trade. He had to be placed on waivers for us to claim him.

Exactly this was probably only done to make the trade. I doubt Texas wanted to let a talent like Strop go on waivers

Archived