Rays' LUUUKE Scott hits Carlos Pena with batted ball for the third out - 5/20/12

Enjoy Terror

That actually happened to us last year. If I recall correctly, we were trailing late in the game and mounting a possible comeback against the Red Sox when one of our base-runners got nailed by a batted ball that otherwise would have been a base hit. Frustrating as hell for a fan of the team that it happens to.

That actually happened to us last year. If I recall correctly, we were trailing late in the game and mounting a possible comeback against the Red Sox when one of our base-runners got nailed by a batted ball that otherwise would have been a base hit. Frustrating as hell for a fan of the team that it happens to.

I remember that game. It was actually against the Yankees. Mike Gonzalez had imploded (and got ejected) in the top of the 15th to let the Yankees take a 4-1 lead, and the O's were rallying in the bottom half when Brandon Snyder got hit by a batted ball. One of the most disappointing losses of the year.

As for the one Scott hit last night, it looked like the second baseman was in position to field the ball even if it hadn't hit the runner, so I don't think it really cost the Rays anything.

Archived