vs. BLUE JAYS 5/30

OFFNY

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They better and his name better be Batista or Encarnacation (or ever how you spell that dang name:)

Why, they hit Bautista on the head last year and the jays didn't retaliate. It was an accident let it go...

Why, they hit Bautista on the head last year and the jays didn't retaliate. It was an accident let it go...

Yes. It was an 0-2 count, and Morrow was cruising through the Orioles, while his offense had given him a 3-run lead. I can't see how that it was intentional.

SteveM has some Schoop news.

I have heard that Schoop had a potential double-play ball hit to him in the last of the fourth inning, but he failed to record an out when he attempted some sort of behind the back flip with the ball that did not get the job done. He was charged with an error on the play.

When Bowie went out on defense in the last of the fifth, Travis Adair was in for Schoop at second base.

Now keep in mind that Schoop's reputation as a great kid that is very coachable, plays hard and is well-liked is very solid, but it sounds like he didn't handle this situation today in the best manner and he was taken out of the game and sent a bit of a message.

http://www.masnsports.com/steve_melewski/2012/05/jonathan-schoop-left-bowies-game-today-but-not-due-to-an-injury.html

I assume that's in reference to the look of the HBP, because if it was a graze, the grim laughter we're all used to would pervade. It's not as if they're doing at all well.

I just don't care for potential injuries on anyone's part and making light of it rubs me the wrong way.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I don't doubt his stuff.   I doubt his command.  
    • Language like “…salvage the season” is beginning to appear which is more than a little premature. I share the concern about having enough pitching for the postseason. 
    • Suarez needs to go the bullpen and he could definitely help there in a long/middle relief role. Suarez's fastball is averaging 95 MPH this year maybe pitching in relief and can add 2 to 3 more MPH when he needs it.
    • The trade deadline is a while freaking month from now, plus a few more days. I know it’s hard to believe because this board can’t go thirty minutes without discussing a trade and the Trade Deadline thread was created a long time ago (lol) but come on. Why are you convinced Elias will do nothing? Angelos is gone. There’s no reason to expect he will have to go to Ollie’s Bargain Outlet this time.     
    • I floated this idea the other day.  Going to try a slight different version today. For Crochet,  Kjerstad, Norby, DeLeon For Fedde,  Bradfield, McDermott, Chace 1. Feel free to call them overpays or underpays 2. Do the White Sox say no? I think those are two strong packages or one overall very strong package.  I think the Crochet deal is clearly stronger than the Burnes deal was at the time for a pitcher with more control but durability questions. We still hold onto our top 3.  They can try to manage Crochet’s workload if they/you believe in that.  Bottom line, we strongly upgrade the starting staff.       Burnes, GRod, Crochet, Kremer, Fedde.   You’re back to having depth with Irvin to the pen and Povich to AAA.   You can use Crochet as an opener to manage his innings. We still have chips like Beavers, Willems, Baumeister, Fabian to get rental relievers. Of course, this guts a lot of top and mid level prospects but it keeps Basallo, Holliday, and Mayo here.  With the upcoming draft, and the Latin program showing real progress in the lower minors, I think there’s no doubt we can take the position player hit.  Losing McDermott and DeLeon is tough but if you get two starters from the Sox you have to send some arms back.      
    • Teams have slumps, with or without injuries.  Add in a beyond belief amount of injuries,  and you have the 2024 Orioles.  
    • Elias plan is pretty simple and has been executed to near perfection.  Give the team as wide a window as possible to be a playoff participant and build a team capable of winning the whole thing if things break their way.   Based on the last several post seasons the team that hits the most home runs in any given series has won that series.  I think he has accomplished those goals. This organization is setup to have a 3-5 year run as a world series contender.  I have no issue with the plan or even the overall execution and anyone who does is not seeing the bigger picture in my opinion.
  • Popular Contributors