vs. BLUE JAYS 5/30

OFFNY

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They better and his name better be Batista or Encarnacation (or ever how you spell that dang name:)

Why, they hit Bautista on the head last year and the jays didn't retaliate. It was an accident let it go...

Why, they hit Bautista on the head last year and the jays didn't retaliate. It was an accident let it go...

Yes. It was an 0-2 count, and Morrow was cruising through the Orioles, while his offense had given him a 3-run lead. I can't see how that it was intentional.

SteveM has some Schoop news.

I have heard that Schoop had a potential double-play ball hit to him in the last of the fourth inning, but he failed to record an out when he attempted some sort of behind the back flip with the ball that did not get the job done. He was charged with an error on the play.

When Bowie went out on defense in the last of the fifth, Travis Adair was in for Schoop at second base.

Now keep in mind that Schoop's reputation as a great kid that is very coachable, plays hard and is well-liked is very solid, but it sounds like he didn't handle this situation today in the best manner and he was taken out of the game and sent a bit of a message.

http://www.masnsports.com/steve_melewski/2012/05/jonathan-schoop-left-bowies-game-today-but-not-due-to-an-injury.html

I assume that's in reference to the look of the HBP, because if it was a graze, the grim laughter we're all used to would pervade. It's not as if they're doing at all well.

I just don't care for potential injuries on anyone's part and making light of it rubs me the wrong way.

Archived