I think if Matusz doesn't pitch decently today, he'll go to Norfolk

Frobby

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this is pretty accurate. I think the trade yesterday signalled that the O's are going to do whatever they can to stay in this thing as long as possible. And running guys out there who aren't getting the job done won't be tolerated as long as there are some other options. I think Tillman has made a strong case he's ready to contribute, and I think they believe he can, so this may be Matusz' last chance if he doesn't get the job done.

Just my opinion, but I think Matusz is pitching for his job today. I hope he does well enough to keep it.

I think you are correct. IMO this should be his last shot. If the Indians (who have been struggling against lefties) light him up, he needs to go down.

I think this is pretty accurate. I think the trade yesterday signalled that the O's are going to do whatever they can to stay in this thing as long as possible. And running guys out there who aren't getting the job done won't be tolerated as long as there are some other options. I think Tillman has made a strong case he's ready to contribute, and I think they believe he can, so this may be Matusz' last chance if he doesn't get the job done.

Good point, I agree. MGon probably works long relief today if Matusz gets touched up and then takes his start on Friday.

Probably so and we will see MGon a few times until Tilly replaces him. I assume we acquire another starter along the way.

I agree - but I think MGon and Tillman could both wind up starting for us in the next couple of weeks. We need a starter Thursday, and if Matusz sucks today, we may need a starter Friday for his spot. Pretty interesting time right now.

I also think you will see a very "patient" Indians lineup today. They will make Matusz work and have to throw strikes. He better or he wont be in there for very long.

Not us, we just swing away. Frustrating.

Archived