Left Field: Get Alfonso Soriano!

Flacco Machado

No more Steve Pearce. No more Ryan Flaherty. Chris Davis, when Kakes comes back...I don't think so. Xavier Avery or LJ Hoes...Maybe. But, if DD is going for it this year, then go get Soriano and Garza/Dempster and GET IT DONE! This type of play in LF is bush league.

Peace.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No more Steve Pearce. No more Ryan Flaherty. Chris Davis, when Kakes comes back...I don't think so. Xavier Avery or LJ Hoes...Maybe. But, if DD is going for it this year, then go get Soriano and Garza/Dempster and GET IT DONE! This type of play in LF is bush league.

Peace.

Agree 100% said this for about a month now

No, not stellar by any means, but a million times better than this type of stuff game in and game out. And he brings a legitimate bat to the lineup.

Really? Because Chris Davis is currently out OPS'ing him by a good deal...

Recommending Alfonso Soriano for our defensive woes in LF is a bit like recommending someone smoke Camels instead of Lucky Strikes to fix their cough.

No, not stellar by any means, but a million times better than this type of stuff game in and game out. And he brings a legitimate bat to the lineup.

He would be a nice power bat, as a DH. Say, I think we have a few of those. Can he pitch or play 2B?

73 games in left Soriano 0 Errors

Wow....that is pretty incredible. Not to mention he's hitting better than he has in a long long time. I think it's pretty clear that this trade needs to happen if we stand any chance whatsoever of competing for anything other than dead last in the AL East yet again.

Come on Duquette, show us you've got it in you!

Wow....that is pretty incredible. Not to mention he's hitting better than he has in a long long time. I think it's pretty clear that this trade needs to happen if we stand any chance whatsoever of competing for anything other than dead last in the AL East yet again.

Come on Duquette' date=' show us you've got it in you![/quote']

What is pretty incredible (aside from the fact that more than a few people actually think this is a good idea) is that you actually think that is pretty incredible and that you need it to be explained to you that 0 errors in 73 games means very little. Soriano has a negative dWAR this year, as he has throughout his career, especially bad the last 3 years (-2.0, -2.1, -1.6 on BBref).

Archived