Nice to have a laugher for once

Frobby

I fail to see how that's funny. Funny that a guy who has gotten ragged on all season and had a nice year trying to help the team in any way he can? When he knows Buck doesn't really trust him, he still wants to find a way to help the team. Knee-slappin hilarious. :rolleyes:

Mrs. Gregg?

Agree that an easy win makes everything .... easier.

Would prefer that our SPs not throw 114 pitches with 9 run leads, though.

Man. Seriously? Do we look for things to cry about here? Back in the day, 114 pitches was nothing. You know what I like, when our starting putchers get a lead and don't walk the first 2 or 3 batters they see after that, throwing 100+ pitches and giving up the lead in the process.

For the love of anything holy, can we not pick about the number of pitches thrown by a guy making his 3rd career start and giving us some big ones in the process?!?!?!

I fail to see how that's funny. Funny that a guy who has gotten ragged on all season and had a nice year trying to help the team in any way he can? When he knows Buck doesn't really trust him, he still wants to find a way to help the team. Knee-slappin hilarious. :rolleyes:

I thought Gregg looked really good last night. Of course, both the players and the umps seemed intent on getting that 9th inning over as quickly as possible.

Mrs. Gregg?

Nope, just a fan who is sick of the needless Gregg ragging at this point of the season. His 3.72 ERA, which is inflated by a rocky start, is still nothing to sneeze at. We have him for a few more months, and then he'll be gone and off the books. Can we please just enjoy his solid production since May and think that maybe, just maybe, he is and can be a solid contributor out of the pen from now till the end of the year?

Man. Seriously? Do we look for things to cry about here? Back in the day, 114 pitches was nothing. You know what I like, when our starting putchers get a lead and don't walk the first 2 or 3 batters they see after that, throwing 100+ pitches and giving up the lead in the process.

For the love of anything holy, can we not pick about the number of pitches thrown by a guy making his 3rd career start and giving us some big ones in the process?!?!?!

Overreact much? You treat your fellow posters with some respect and you will find the same coming back at you.

If our starters can't handle 114 low stress pitches I guess you can add that to the list of serious problems with the organization.

I have never seen evidence that 114 high stress pitches is particularly damaging, not unless like 60 of them came in one innings.

I really don't see any reason to go to 114 pitches in most any circumstance.

You never know when a pitcher decides to reach back for extra gas and ends up with an injury - even in a low stress environment.

Someone should have been there to pitch the last 2.2 or 3.0 IP without our starter going 114 or using two relievers, IMO.

• 10 months later...
It has been a long while since we could relax in the ninth inning. Good to see

Saw the score was 6-3, went to a meeting, came back and had to do a double take....13-3! Must have been a fun game to watch, we definitely could use a few more of those sprinkled in through the season.