Were Os and Yanks unfairly targeted in the Mitchell report?

ijoshyounot

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
True about someone being outspoken, but Schilling is SOOO outspoken. I just can't ever imagine him taking them.

Yes, the Red Sox and yankees are our Division rivals, but the hate against

the Red Sox on this board bordelines craziness sometimes and the accusations about some of them taking steroids is nutso. I visit other forums and the Yankee and Red Sox forums don't accuse the Orioles of taking steroids or trash our players like you trash their players.

Red Sox players were mentioned in the report and ESPN said all 30 teams were mentioned in the report - I just don't know how, but they must have some connection.

As far as Mitchell goes, I wish he didn't accept the assignment, but I have heard really good things about him, how much integrity he hasn and how he took this assignment very seriously. I really believe if a Red Sox were found to have taken steroids or HGH, the player would be in the report.

I'm glad someone else said this. I've been saying the same thing about the Yankees forever around here. It is certainly a jealousy thing, no question. Many people put $ when referring to those teams, but of course if we were out there spending and winning, it would be ok. It's very convenient.

I can't stand the Red Sox to be honest, but certainly can respect what they've accomplished these last few years. I've taken a ton of crap for not hating the Yankees as well. Not that I root FOR them by any means, but there's a ton of respect there as well. I'm also a Jeter fan, which doesn't sit well with some.

Definitely - Schilling is outspoken about A LOT, but he was the first to stick up for Brian Roberts in the Mitchel Report. He went on record and said he doesn't think his name should even be in the report.

Do you have a link to this or could you tell us what TV or radio show Schilling made these comments on? I'm curious because what I've seen of Schilling's comments is him blindly condemning everyone in the report unless they sue the pants off MLB, something he as a celebrity himself should know would be exceedingly difficult to do successfully.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20071214&content_id=2326499&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Schilling is a baseball player and an should just stfu! As well, he's everything that sums up a modern day, righteous a-hole. Just in case anyone wondered what I thought of him...

"I'm elated that none of my current teammates [were] in the report," said Schilling.

Take a look guys, this is exactly what all of baseball has to deal with now from the the great Red Sox nation! I don't think anyone really saw this one coming. :rolleyes: Just wait until they come down in droves to OPACY this coming season, Yay!

-

--

---

Schilling is a baseball player and an should just stfu! As well, he's everything that sums up a modern day, righteous a-hole. Just in case anyone wondered what I thought of him...

"I'm elated that none of my current teammates [were] in the report," said Schilling.

Take a look guys, this is exactly what all of baseball has to deal with now from the the great Red Sox nation! I don't think anyone really saw this one coming. :rolleyes: Just wait until they come down in droves to OPACY this coming season, Yay!

-

--

---

I'm sorry, but what else should he say?

"I'm really bummed that Manny, Papi and Tek weren't in the report...I was really hoping to be ab le to call them up and tease them mercilessly while they all get dumped on by everyone who's jealous of our teams success..."

I'll say this about that: We love bashing Schilling because he's a smug, arrogant a-hole...but damn, I bet we'd all love to have him, wouldn't we?

I'm sorry, but what else should he say?

Like I said in not so many words; nothing, he's paid to throw balls. No one said he wasn't talented but should this make us care about what a judgmental, cocky, know-it-all has to say??

"Hey, look at me, I'm awesome and everyone that's done steroids is evil. Thanks, I'm Curt Schilling and everyone wants to here me talk about how awesome I am."

While his lectures don't really vary much from this, people are still fascinated with what he has to say for some reason. And really, has he always had this holier than thou attitude or is it just because he's part of the Red Sox. He strikes me as the type of guy that would quit smoking and then tell his friends how horrible they are for continuing to do so.

Do you have a link to this or could you tell us what TV or radio show Schilling made these comments on? I'm curious because what I've seen of Schilling's comments is him blindly condemning everyone in the report unless they sue the pants off MLB, something he as a celebrity himself should know would be exceedingly difficult to do successfully.

[/url]

Here is the link and Schilling's quote about Brian. Saturday, my friend from Boston also heard Schilling on the radio defending Brian. Schilling said he doesn't believe he took them.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/2007/12/schilling_decli.html

"I worry that not every name in the report is not a user, but how do we know which ones outside of the players who had specific evidence and testimony did it? I mean Brian Roberts's name was included, and I think people everywhere assume that, since he's on the 'list' of names ESPN presented, he's one of the guilty ones? If you read the report, his name was included because Larry Bigbie told the Mitchell investigators that Brian mentioned to him that he'd tried it. Is that right? I don't think it is."

Here is the link and Schilling's quote about Brian. Saturday, my friend from Boston also heard Schilling on the radio defending Brian. Schilling said he doesn't believe he took them.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/2007/12/schilling_decli.html

"I worry that not every name in the report is not a user, but how do we know which ones outside of the players who had specific evidence and testimony did it? I mean Brian Roberts's name was included, and I think people everywhere assume that, since he's on the 'list' of names ESPN presented, he's one of the guilty ones? If you read the report, his name was included because Larry Bigbie told the Mitchell investigators that Brian mentioned to him that he'd tried it. Is that right? I don't think it is."

Thanks. I wonder why none of that was included in the MLB.com article? Censorship? I also wonder how Schilling would have reacted if the guy who got most screwed over in the report wasn't someone he liked personally.

Wow, what is up with all the Red Sox hate? This is amazing. It makes us Orioles fans look like jealous little wannabees. Get over it. There is so much slamming of Boston when you're just jealous of them. Blame our owners for not making our team better and not caring about them. Angelos hasn't cared about the Orioles in years.

I find it amazing you think Curt Schilling would take steroids. He has been so vocal about them and has even appeared before Congress - he would be idiotic to ever take it or HGH.

I think it is only common sense to suspect something is up when something like happens. For one, Mitchell is associated with the Red Sox. Conflict of interest right there. Second, the report names players from all other MLB rosters EXCEPT the Red Sox! How could it be that every other team in the MLB has a few players in the report, except for the Red Sox? Are they somehow immune from steroids? Does Samuel Adams beer somehow give them the power they need to bulk up like David Ortiz and Kevin Youkilis?

We may be borderline obsessive when it comes to the Red Sox and Yankes hatred. And I'll be the first to admit it. It drives me crazy to hear O's fans taking pride in the Yankees having a losing season in APRIL, or when Matzutake ONLY pitches to a 4.50 ERA.

But even non AL EAST baseball fans are commenting on the Red Sox coming out clean in this report. So the anti-Yankee and Red Sox comments need not apply here.

And if Schilling stuck up for Roberts, then that is great. But It also could be a user sticking up for another user. These guys are baseball players and I hate to say it but the way things have gone in baseball the last 20 years, everyone is guilty until proven innocent IMO.

Archived