Law Enforcement needs OHers help in Vi Ripken case

Tony-OH

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
New Era's shopping site is down, so I can't browse their catalogue.

Perhaps a rep from New Era would be willing to email someone a copy of their catalog in .PDF format?

no need for that. just look at lids.com

I am not sure identifying the hat is going to help solve this crime. I think we need to find people who were close to the scene who may have seen this guy since the crime took place.

Unless it's popped up in the past couple of days, they don't have it. When the OP came out I immediately checked the Orioles MLB shop, Fastball Fanatics, and Lids, and found nothing (I happened to have a spare moment). I haven't had time to look elsewhere since then.

I didn't see if they offered a reward in the article. Nothing makes a person turn on someone they know, like cash in hand. I'm certain that people saw that footage, and knew him immediately. Money makes people roll over. Unfortunately, there are many people who would not do the right thing and just turn him in.

Sorry for the quick photoshop job, but it took me a few minutes to even realize I was looking at the hat in the wrong direction. This might help people realize what they're looking at.

I believe this is roughly the hat we're looking at (not taking into account the item/sticker/whatever on the bill):

edit: I agree with crowmst3k!, looks like a version of the hat he posted. Photoshopped that picture:

FGOQ6.jpg

I am not sure identifying the hat is going to help solve this crime. I think we need to find people who were close to the scene who may have seen this guy since the crime took place.

He obviously had access to the home and was familiar with the area.

I didn't see if they offered a reward in the article. Nothing makes a person turn on someone they know, like cash in hand. I'm certain that people saw that footage, and knew him immediately. Money makes people roll over. Unfortunately, there are many people who would not do the right thing and just turn him in.

He did not look to be a malnorished, edge of society, individual. I would assume he has family and people who call him a friend.

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry for the quick photoshop job, but it took me a few minutes to even realize I was looking at the hat in the wrong direction. This might help people realize what they're looking at.
Admittedly, the photo is blurry, but to me it looks like "O's" on the cap instead of the cartoon bird.

Definitely an O's on the hat.

Ran into a buddy a week ago and he was wearing the exact hat the guy in the picture had. He bought it at Walmart about 2 years ago.

And what was he doing at the time of her capture? Hmm.... :)

Archived