I think they hit Andino on purpose.

LookinUp

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate how Melancon walks down Andino right after he hits him. That's pretty suspicious to me as well as some of the other things already mentioned here. I'm more convinced on rewatches than I was before that it was intentional but again "file it away" and make your move at the right time. It's probably not this year.

I swear I just want someway to get at Valentine, who I'm convinced is behind all of this. Can we somehow make him stand in there in take one on the back from Strop. It's not like his players, or anyone in that organization will mind if we do it.

Finally had chance to see the video...Looks intentional to me and I'm not one to say a player was hit intentionally too often.

Best retaliation: Win big and keep piling on. Slide extra hard and Steal a base up 7-1 in the 9th. Go 1st to third on a seeing eye single up 10-0 in the 8th etc.

Can't risk a fight/suspension at this point in the season.

Just seems way to convenient to have not been on purpose. As the OP said, the reaction to it was too much like the C was preparing for a fight, as opposed to one of concern. Especially when a guy gets hit in or near the head, generally the reaction is much different.

However, as much as I'd like to bury one in Pedroia's back and maybe even fire one into the dugout and pop Big Sloppy, let's just add further misery to their season and take these next 2 at Camden North, er, uh, Fenway.

I'm sure you are passionate about it but I think you are seeing what you want to believe happened; not what actually happened. Here's the video:

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=24975755&c_id=mlb

I don't want to believe anything. I admit that view doesn't make it look like the catcher was doing anything but catching the ball. I saw the side-view replay on TV. Maybe that was misleading?

Either way, 99% of people in this thread agree that we have too much to lose to act like a bunch of 2 year olds about this. File it away with Buck. Drill Pedroia in April. Move on.

Sorry Roy, but you are dead wrong on this one. That was as intentional as it gets, but as has been stated many times prior in this thread, now isn't the time for retaliation. The opportunity will present itself in the future and there will be retribution!

This is absolutely correct. I don't doubt that next season, both the Yanks and the Sox will feel some sting.

IN the self-policing baseball community, there are only a very few reasons to plunk someone, and you can think of them in 10 seconds. But you don't get plunked for doing your job, which is what Andino was doing last year. Maybe the Sox took exception to the size of the O's celebration last year, but that's almost impossible to believe. If they hit Andino on purpose (and I didn't watch the game, though do concede that Andino getting hit is a pretty big coincidence), then The Sox know so little about baseball as to be jaw-dropping. Valentine has absolutely killed that team. He's a clown, bro.

Markakis gets hit and we do nothing. Dino gets hit and still nothing. What will it take for someone to stand up?
We haven't exactly had many games where the game situation wouldn't matter if the O's put an extra man on base. Do you want to just be giving away free baserunners while we're in a hunt for the division title?

This is absolutely correct. I don't doubt that next season, both the Yanks and the Sox will feel some sting.

IN the self-policing baseball community, there are only a very few reasons to plunk someone, and you can think of them in 10 seconds. But you don't get plunked for doing your job, which is what Andino was doing last year. Maybe the Sox took exception to the size of the O's celebration last year, but that's almost impossible to believe. If they hit Andino on purpose (and I didn't watch the game, though do concede that Andino getting hit is a pretty big coincidence), then The Sox know so little about baseball as to be jaw-dropping. Valentine has absolutely killed that team. He's a clown, bro.

I don't even understand why Valentine or Melancon would intentionally hit Andino over something that happened last year when neither was affiliated with the Red Sox.

You could even make the argument that Valentine owes Andino his job. :laughlol:

We haven't exactly had many games where the game situation wouldn't matter if the O's put an extra man on base. Do you want to just be giving away free baserunners while we're in a hunt for the division title?

If they don't do something soon we'll go into the playoffs with 3 or 4 guys on the DL because of being hit. A baserunner or two sort of pales in comparison.

Archived