Bobby V: "I'm Glad Baltimore Lost!"

BobbyWoontz

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I suppose he's saying that since his club was too inept to play spoiler on Wednesday, he's glad that it didn't have an effect on the race.

But yeah, he's just the worst.

I'll miss the 2012 Red Sox.

Perhaps his team was too inept but certainly the Bosux manager was too inept (how could Bailey be on mound Tues?)

I don't. Not in that way. I hope the only job he can find is back in Japan. And even then, I don't want to wish that on the pros in Japan.

It would be funny to see Dylan bean Bobby V... in the opposing dugout! Hopefully he comes back with Boston next year. I really, really hope he comes back with Boston next year. In fact, I hope they give him a lifetime contract!

It would be funny to see Dylan bean Bobby V... in the opposing dugout! Hopefully he comes back with Boston next year. I really, really hope he comes back with Boston next year. In fact, I hope they give him a lifetime contract!

Bobby V is fired

You missed the news, I guess, he was fired earlier today.

I think he was glad that the Yankees' win didn't clinch the division. I really don't believe this was a shot at the Orioles, because frankly...I was glad we lost before they won too.

I'm the opposite -- I'm glad the Yankees won, because I would have been kicking myself if the Yankees had lost and we had missed our opportunity to catch them in Game 162.

Okay, he clearly was saying that he felt bad that the Sox couldn't help the O's, and that the fact that the Orioles did themselves in and made the game with the Yankees meaningless was a relief from more disappointment.

Also, semantically speaking, there was no exclamation point in the quote, unlike the one which appears in the thread title. That's called spin, but I guess we're in the right season for that already.

I guess Bobby V brings out the worst in people, including his former team.

I look at it the other way. I don't think Valentine is a bad guy, he just got into a bad situation where the combined forces of Pink Hat Nation and about 25 entitled jerk players ran him through a meat grinder. But whatever, if it helps the Sox descend into the 7th level of hell I'm cool with it.

He won't unemployed long. ESPN will bring him back for his "expertise", and he can critique others and tell him how to do a job, that he has always sucked at. Then, he can fit right into the rest of the talking heads at ESPN, and bash the Orioles on a national stage nightly. As for managing again, those days are over, atleast in MLB.

Archived