So, Josh Hamilton might've played his last game as a Ranger last night...

ChaosLex

:puke:

Please....Melky is a good hitter that got caught doing what Cano, Jeter, Chamberlain, Pettitte, Martin, Granderson, and Aroid does. He just happen to go over the threshold of the allowable amount of testosterone. You are nieve if you think that there isnt continued steriod and HGH use in baseball. They dont even test for HGH after spring training.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Please....Melky is a good hitter that got caught doing what Cano, Jeter, Chamberlain, Pettitte, Martin, Granderson, and Aroid does. He just happen to go over the threshold of the allowable amount of testosterone. You are nieve if you think that there isnt continued steriod and HGH use in baseball. They dont even test for HGH after spring training.

Wow! Did you personally sample their urine?

Wow! Did you personally sample their urine?

No, I just find them fishy. However, this has been discussed at length nationally. The drug policy isnt a no tolerance policy, it is a policy that allows levels to be within certain limits.

8/18/12

“I would say,” Conte said, speaking slowly, “maybe as much as half of baseball.”

Wait, you’re saying that 50% of baseball players might still be cheating today, when the steroid era is supposed to be over?

“I’m not going to name names,” Conte said, “but I’ve talked to a lot of top players in Major League Baseball, and they tell me this is what they’re doing. There is rampant use of synthetic testosterone in Major League Baseball.”

…”What these guys are doing is using fast-acting testosterone, creams, gels, patches and micro-dose injections,” Conte says. “They put this stuff on after a game, let it circulate in their blood stream, and eight hours later, it’s out of their system when they take a drug test. It’s so simple.

“There’s such a loophole, you really wonder if Major League Baseball has a genuine interest in stopping these guys.”

The drug testing labs check a players urine for its ratio of testosterone to epitestosterone, which is normally 1 to 1 for adult males. A test is not considered positive until the ratio reaches 4 to 1, so players know the line they need to stay under. The fast-acting synthetic testosterone dissipates rapidly from the body, and sleep and hydration help speed the process. Conte says that six hours after the synthetic testosterone is taken it’s essentially out of the system as far as the drug test is concerned. It’s only if the players A and B samples exceed the 4 to 1 ration that the lab conducts a more precise isotope ratio mass spectrometry (IRMS) test to determine whether the testosterone came from outside the body. That’s the test that would catch all of the MLB users, but it’s not done until a player’s urine tests positive.

Ryan Brauns levels were said to have been 20 to 1 which would have had a follow up test to confirm that the testosterone was synthetic. He wasnt subject to the follow up test because of the urine being left in the collectors fridge for the weekend. He went on air to say that he was completely innocent, if he was innocent then he should have subjected himself to further testing to prove that MLB made a mistake. They didnt, he just got away with it. When you start using steriods, you become a liar.

I'm very happy with our offense as it stands right now, but it would be nice to have a real stud in the middle of the order. It would make everyone else better. I think Jones, Wieters, and Davis will be better next year, and that will improve our ability to score runs without relying quite so much on the homerun.

Spending money on our current players and maybe signing a nice starting pitcher would be nice. I wouldn't make Hamilton a priority.

I am off subject. Sorry. I say that you give Hamilton a chance to be our LF for 3/50 or 60 but dont go much past that. MOO bat, lefty, power 40+ Homeruns is something that doesnt come along every day. Although Davis might hit that next year.

Well then we could have two in the lineup. :)

I'd be more interested in trading for Ian Kinsler. Dallas morning news said they may be open to moving him. He's due $75m over the next 5 years so you figure you'll be eating the last 2 years but that's nothing that will handcuff the team going forward.

Of course, we have Schoop coming up too.

I'd be more interested in trading for Ian Kinsler. Dallas morning news said they may be open to moving him. He's due $75m over the next 5 years so you figure you'll be eating the last 2 years but that's nothing that will handcuff the team going forward.

Kinsler would be nice, but if we have a certain birthday boy that might very well be part of the long term for the O's. Happy Birthday Schoop!

They could possibly slot him into the OF now, especially if Hamilton departs.

Kinsler is definitely intriguing. Although, I know there are people on here that are worried about the remaining money on his contract, not to mention the years, considering his injury concerns.

It's very possible that Hamilton ends up contributing much less than his contract would call for. I'd be happy to get him but I won't cry if we don't. I still want to add to our outfield. If Reimold is healthy I think he belongs at DH all year or until someone in the outfield goes down. That minimizes the injury opportunities and probably makes our OF defense better. McLouth could implode next year. There's no telling if this 1/3 of a season is real or if the previous few years before that are. I'd like to resign him but I wouldn't feel confident with him opening day. I might prefer Bourn to Hamilton honestly.

I would love to have Hamilton on this team, but 5 years/$100 mill is a starting point. Look how much Detroit paid for Fielder, I thought no one would give more than 5 years for Fielder w/ his weight problems. I wouldn't be surprised to see Hamilton on Boston, since they cleared up a ton of money getting rid of Gonzalez, Crawford, and Beckett. How about Torii Hunter? I think the O's could get him for a 2-3 year deal. He's always played great defense w/ a good OBP. He would give us about 90% of Hamilton's production w/ none of the PTSD (pre not post), that he is about to do something incredibly stupid that will get him suspended for many games or even the season.

Archived