How much is Nate McClouth going to cost?

ChuckS

I hope the Orioles bring Nate a contract. He's exciting to watch run the bases. The Orioles need a good base runner. He obviously doesn't suffer from the stage

fright like the rest of the teem seemed to during the playsoffs, shall they get there again.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like Nolan Reimold but, by now, the Reimold years are nearly past, today was his 29th (TWENTY-NINTH!) birthday. He's only 2 years younger than Nate McLouth and is, in fact, slightly OLDER, than Nick Markakis. Even if he can stay healthy and productive all next year he's not really anything more than a stop gap for a few years until someone better comes along. Let him prove he's healthy as a backup corner outfielder/DH.

This, people need to understand you need depth and have a plan B for injuries. That is how we won this year, you have options and not just 1 assigned player per position.

They definitely won't pick up the option, but they could get him back for 6-9M this season. Maybe on the lower end per year if they give him 2 years.

That range works for me. Just fine and dandy! I'd even do a three year contract. He brings pluses and minuses on the field, but he also played an important role on the club socially. The seed showers, stiffing Buck when he first homered, goosing Richie Bancells. A tension breaker.

On Nate, I want him back a lot. I like Frobby's(?) suggestion of incentives to raise the $$$ and PA for a second year option. Hell I'd include a PA third option. Produce for us and we'll pay you well.

How about LJ Hoes? Does he get a shot at LF? I like what McClouth did for us when he came up but i'd like to see Hoes get a shot. I understand that its better to have McClouth an Hoes but i think McClouth would want a starting spot considering how he did. I'd get Pierre instead as a 4th OF along with the injured prone Reimold. Pierre can still hit for avg, still has his speed, and has in the past been a 4th OFer. Would be a great fill in player, or pinch hitter.

How about LJ Hoes? Does he get a shot at LF? I like what McClouth did for us when he came up but i'd like to see Hoes get a shot. I understand that its better to have McClouth an Hoes but i think McClouth would want a starting spot considering how he did. I'd get Pierre instead as a 4th OF along with the injured prone Reimold. Pierre can still hit for avg, still has his speed, and has in the past been a 4th OFer. Would be a great fill in player, or pinch hitter.

As injury prone as Reimold is, if Hoes starts the year at AAA, he probably gets called up sooner or later to replace Reimold. That said I think Reimold belongs as a the righthand hitting DH and Davis should platoon with McLouth. Anything to reduce the risk of Reimold being injured.

Archived