How do we get Trevor Bauer? (Update: Bauer to Indians)

SrMeowMeow

And that means they'll be expecting worse?

The MLBTR thread comments are all looking at Texas to trade at least Olt, Profar or Andrus. Those are the types of deals we would have to beat. Arizona doesn't HAVE to trade him, from the sound of it they're just fielding offers. A 30 year-old shortstop plus minor parts that we can afford to lose (yes, that is what Schoop looks like to every other team) isn't going to get the deal done when other teams are willing to offer real, young talent.

What part of they are down on him is giving you trouble? If the reports are accurate they might want someone with a similar resume but they will settle for less. Schoop also rates rather better then a "minor part". He has a pretty good chance of having a nice MLB career as a starter in the infield.

KLaw called it a "Buy low opportunity" on Twitter. B-G-M is not buying low.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And that means they'll be expecting worse?

The MLBTR thread comments are all looking at Texas to trade at least Olt, Profar or Andrus. Those are the types of deals we would have to beat. Arizona doesn't HAVE to trade him, from the sound of it they're just fielding offers. A 30 year-old shortstop plus minor parts that we can afford to lose (yes, that is what Schoop looks like to every other team) isn't going to get the deal done when other teams are willing to offer real, young talent.

Justin Upton gets you Andrus, not Trevor Bauer. Profar is not moving. MLBTR thread comments are not a good foundation for any sort of thought. :D

Justin Upton gets you Andrus, not Trevor Bauer. Profar is not moving. MLBTR thread comments are not a good foundation for any sort of thought. :D

Do you think Hardy and a lower tier prospect would get us Upton? Time rush Schoop to the show!:vader:

Not gonna get him without giving up one of Bundy or Gausman or Machado.

yeah this isn't even Orioles bias, if you pick up the phone and say "hello Arizona GM, I will trade you Dylan Bundy or Manny Machado for" they will say "done" before you tell them who you are trading Dylan Bundy or Manny Machado for

Bauer was maybe a bit of a reach at #3 (the DBacks had two top ten picks that year) and probably hasn't hurt his stock since then in the eyes of most teams, so I think he'd be about on par with Gausman, maybe a little ahead due to age and level and such. but Gausman can't be traded so that's a moot point.

let me caveat that last paragraph by saying I've never been a big Bauer fan because I think he relies on pitchability to get strikeouts moreso than most high-K pitchers, and I don't know if that method will work in the majors without leading to a ton of walks, or if he has the stuff to keep the Ks up if he sacrifices that approach. I'd still love for the Orioles to be the team that gets to find that out but I don't think I'd give up Hardy/Schoop for Bauer alone. Probably Hardy/Hoes though, if AZ threw in someone along the lines of an Adrian Marin or something.

What part of they are down on him is giving you trouble? If the reports are accurate they might want someone with a similar resume but they will settle for less. Schoop also rates rather better then a "minor part". He has a pretty good chance of having a nice MLB career as a starter in the infield.

KLaw called it a "Buy low opportunity" on Twitter. B-G-M is not buying low.

Being down on him doesn't mean he's desperate to spin him off. Don't be ridiculous. I'm certain that Kevin Towers is 100% happy starting 2013 with Bauer in the rotation.

What people here don't seem to get is that every other GM in baseball will have their eyes on this. Getting Bauer doesn't mean beating the DBacks' valuation of his worth, it means beating what every other team is willing to pay for him. And plenty of other teams will be willing to part with enough talent to assure that one of our Big 3 will have to be in play.

It's a hell of a lot less biased than an Orioles fansite.

Being down on him doesn't mean he's desperate to spin him off. Don't be ridiculous. I'm certain that Kevin Towers is 100% happy starting 2013 with Bauer in the rotation.

What people here don't seem to get is that every other GM in baseball will have their eyes on this. Getting Bauer doesn't mean beating the DBacks' valuation of his worth, it means beating what every other team is willing to pay for him. And plenty of other teams will be willing to part with enough talent to assure that one of our Big 3 will have to be in play.

It's a hell of a lot less biased than an Orioles fansite.

If he was 100% happy with starting him then he wouldn't be down on him. I am sure he is more then willing to start the season with him but you don't start looking to trade him if you would be 100% happy with him in your rotation.

Right now Bundy and Machado have considerably more trade value then Bauer. Gausman is probably at a more comparable level but he can not be traded.

Ok I'm pretty sure this "down on Bauer" stuff has been blown way out of proportion. Can anyone actually link to a source that actually implies that Towers is seriously shopping him? Anything more than a couple tweets from Crasnick saying an anonymous source told him simply that the Dbacks "will listen"? What about "will listen" makes anyone think their goal is to unload him before tomorrow?

You guys are taking a few rumors about one of the top prospects in baseball -- none of which make it sound like he's been THAT much of a problem -- and filling in a whole lot of blanks without any info.

Not only that, but Towers is well known as a guy who never considers any player untouchable. He always listens to offers.

Archived