Roberts to the Cubs Trade Discussion

Peace21

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh give me a friggin' break. Who's talking about poor-misunderstood-you? I'm sure not. I'm talking about folks in general. Were you even reading this place the last couple months of last season? Did you see what this place was like when the kid pitchers were blowing up games night after night? Get off your oh-so-indignant-high-horse, and just go back and look. Jeez.

You are so completely wrong, just like you were about blowing it up and how AM wouldn't do what so many of us wanted.

To say the board in general will say these things shows your ignorance. There will always been some that won't be happy but many of us want to see a clear direction with younger players..If that means losing more now to win a lot later, so be it. Should have been done a long time ago.

Oh give me a friggin' break. Who's talking about poor-misunderstood-you? I'm sure not. I'm talking about folks in general. Were you even reading this place the last couple months of last season? Did you see what this place was like when the kid pitchers were blowing up games night after night? Get off your oh-so-indignant-high-horse, and just go back and look. Jeez.

OK, I am going to take the high road......

That said, I stand FIRMLY by what I wrote! ;)

You are so completely wrong, just like you were about blowing it up and how AM wouldn't do what so many of us wanted.

To say the board in general will say these things shows your ignorance. There will always been some that won't be happy but many of us want to see a clear direction with younger players..If that means losing more now to win a lot later, so be it. Should have been done a long time ago.

Right... the fact of the matter is that this team has been trying to walk this bs tightrope for 10 years now, fielding a half assed team while trying to rebuild, but whiffing on ways to expedite a rebuild. This is our first real chance to expedite a rebuild, and I think that MacPhail is going about it the right way.

As soon as the guy came in here, he assessed the situation and said (publicly) that this organization is nowhere near good enough to be competitive.

Many of us (me included) have become sick to our stomachs watching this team lose 90 games a year with "talent" that was going to get worse before it got better.

When taking into the account the financial realities of the sport, it becomes obvious that the most intelligent investment is in scouting and development (shocker there). It's taken until NOW for them to figure that out. These three trades will set us up nicely for the next 5-6 years and in a couple years the cavalry will arrive (hopefully). So long as you draft well moving forward, you can maintain a young, talented, competitive team that we have the ability to supplement with the occasional free agent signing.

It's a good model, we just have to get it up and running.

BB and Peace, ANything on your end? Just spoke to my guy and he said the deal is getting ready to be announced. Check with your guys if you haven't already!

This might merit a new thread, or at least one with a better title than 'Update'. People might be missing this this morning...

Archived