O's will probably make a trade at the meetings

Going Underground

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I were DD, I'd be on the phone with KC trying to work a deal for one of Hosmer/Butler. I'd prefer Butler because of the potential of him being a 3/4 hitter in our lineup and the production he has given throughout his career.

Butler has raked in Camden Yards ever since he step foot in the league and seems to have finally turned his double power into hitting homeruns, evident by his 30+ homerun season this year. This move would also allow the O's to use there surplus of young arms to acquire a MOO bat the team has been seeking since Raffy in the late 90's.

I think a package of Tillman, Hoes/Avery, and a bullpen arm like Strop could entice KC into making a deal.

I dont mean to sound like I am putting all of my eggs in one basket but I think that when it comes to Butler, you're talking about a guy that can take us from possibly a AL East contended for the next 3-5 years to definitely a contender. If we are able to make a move for Butler for say Tillman straight up or even Tillman+ and then resign even just Saunders (Obviously we'd like McLouth back at the right price) you're looking at a scary lineup. If all are healthy (I realize 100% health is not likely) this is what you have as a possible lineup

2B Roberts/Casilla

RF Markakis

CF Jones

DH Butler

1B Davis

C Wieters

LF McLouth/Reimold

3B Machado

SS Hardy

OF/INF Betimeit

OF Robinson/McLouth/Reimold

INF Pearce/Valencia/Casilla

C (Whoever they decide is our backup)

SP Hammel

SP Chen

SP Gonzo

SP Saunders

SP Arrieta/Johnson/Bundy/Wada

RP ODay

RP Hunter

RP Matusz/Patton

RP Strop

RP Ayala

CL Johnson

I feel like this is a VERY competitive team and when you add in Butlers 29 HRs and 107 RBI to a young talented team from last year and look out.

I dont mean to sound like I am putting all of my eggs in one basket but I think that when it comes to Butler, you're talking about a guy that can take us from possibly a AL East contended for the next 3-5 years to definitely a contender. If we are able to make a move for Butler for say Tillman straight up or even Tillman+ and then resign even just Saunders (Obviously we'd like McLouth back at the right price) you're looking at a scary lineup. If all are healthy (I realize 100% health is not likely) this is what you have as a possible lineup

2B Roberts/Casilla

RF Markakis

CF Jones

DH Butler

1B Davis

C Wieters

LF McLouth/Reimold

3B Machado

SS Hardy

OF/INF Betimeit

SP Hammel

SP Chen

SP Gonzo

SP Saunders

RP ODay

RP Hunter

RP Matusz/Patton

RP Strop

RP Ayala

CL Johnson

I feel like this is a VERY competitive team and when you add in Butlers 29 HRs and 107 RBI to a young talented team from last year and look out.

I don't like Davis at first. I want Butler but more has to

be done. IMO

2B Roberts/Casilla

RF Markakis

CF Jones

DH Butler

1B Davis

C Wieters

LF McLouth/Reimold

3B Machado

SS Hardy

OF/INF Betimeit

SP Hammel

SP Chen

SP Gonzo

SP Saunders

RP ODay

RP Hunter

RP Matusz/Patton

RP Strop

RP Ayala

CL Johnson

They want Bundy. That's a no go.

Butler's career high in HR before last year was 21. He's had two seasons where he's been a 3 WAR player. I think people are getting a little carried away.

He is also a career .300 hitter in a pitchers park. Give me a .300 average with 20 HRs a season and Id look at you as an EXTREMELY valuable player. Not to mention Butler could hit 30-40 HRs at OPACY. You think people are getting carried away at the thought of replacing Mark Reynolds with Billy Butler? Might want to rethink...

Archived