Roch answers "Why haven't the Orioles made a trade?"

ChaosLex

Being frustrated about the Orioles FO and vocalizing it here is all you need to do to be labeled a troll.

When it's constant, endless, incorporated in your riduculous strawman arguments, and pervades every post then it's trolling imo. Yes, some other teams have improved and we're likely not to repeat 2012 in 2013 ... I do get it.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dickey to Toronto.

I just don't get it anymore.

We "can't" compete with Toronto with payroll and now we can't even make a solid trade.

If anyone on Earth believes that the Blue Jays aren't positioning themselves for a serious run is drinking much more that Kool Aid.

And still, the Orioles do nothing. Go ahead, call me names, call me a troll, say I am being stupid, etc.

Meanwhile, we will be looking up at the Blue Jays for all of next season.

MSK

What's not to get? They have a better farm system. We weren't going to be able to beat Toronto's offer without trading Bundy or Machado. You couldn't possibly be saying that we should've done that.

What's not to get? They have a better farm system. We weren't going to be able to beat Toronto's offer without trading Bundy or Machado. You couldn't possibly be saying that we should've done that.

Yeah, at least the guy (I forget his name) who said we should trade Bundy+ for Headley had the courage to offer up something instead of just whining.

Probably BOTH, and more on top. Toronto gave up serious value in this deal. AND the Marlins deal as well. Big A has been planning this for a while now.

Being frustrated about the Orioles FO and vocalizing it here is all you need to do to be labeled a troll.

I am shocked that so many OH posters are pretending that things are okay. I've seen so many people say stuff like, "You know, I am okay with what we have" and it is driving me insane. I can't believe any fan can look at the rest of the AL East and think we have a lineup that will get us back into contention.

That's been my point for the last week or so. We are deluding ourselves using worthless metrics and prognostications based on stats that don't always play out well in the real world. 2012 was impossible using the data from 2011.

We're not even doing what the 2002 and 2003 Red Sox did to get themselves to the next level. But I am seeing something different I guess.

MSK

Telling other people to be outraged and angry isn't the way to make other people outraged and angry. It's just annoying.

Toronto has built a fantastic farm system, which has allowed them to make the moves they have. If you want to be mad about something, complain about our inability to build a farm system over the past decade. Like it or not, DD has limited resources, in both personnel and finances.

This.

In my book the primary indictment against PA has to be the organizational management personnel he put in place and protected for at least a decade until the arrival of Dan Duquette. We'll be lucky to have a system we can comfortably deal from two years from now. I remain convinced that DD has the option of requesting and getting an increase in budget for the right player under the right circumstances. I don't think he'll play that card unless he feels the odds for success are very much in his favor which probably means not this year.

2013 is shaping up as a season where no AL East team has a clear advantage and IMO Toronto has been smart in timing their move accordingly. If Baltimore had been better at drafting and developing and AM had been better at playing the compensation pick game it may have been us taking advantage of this window along with Toronto. The offseason is far from over, but I sympathize with those who are frustrated right now at the lack of progress in improving the team. It sucks to watch someone else take advantage of a great opportunity while we console ourselves by hoarding our limited resources and defending the correctness of our philosophy.

It does about as much good as posting complaints about people whining about said issues.

Well, I'd actually prefer to talk about baseball instead whining, but I have to admit the stuff on here is getting pretty old and guys you like you are starting to wear me down.

This.

In my book the primary indictment against PA has to be the organizational management personnel he put in place and protected for at least a decade until the arrival of Dan Duquette. We'll be lucky to have a system we can comfortably deal from two years from now. I remain convinced that DD has the option of requesting and getting an increase in budget for the right player under the right circumstances. I don't think he'll play that card unless he feels the odds for success are very much in his favor which probably means not this year.

2013 is shaping up as a season where no AL East team has a clear advantage and IMO Toronto has been smart in timing their move accordingly. If Baltimore had been better at drafting and developing and AM had been better at playing the compensation pick game it may have been us taking advantage of this window along with Toronto. The offseason is far from over, but I sympathize with those who are frustrated right now at the lack of progress in improving the team. It sucks to watch someone else take advantage of a great opportunity while we console ourselves by hoarding our limited resources and defending the correctness of our philosophy.

THANK YOU!

Someone understands FINALLY!!!

Lord.

MSK

tumblr_lwgmnaIoxb1qdu8imo1_500.jpg

So it's okay for one group to complain about other people complaining, but it's not okay for the other group to complain. Got it.

Well, I actually I think you've made a great point here. It's probably time to take a break for awhile. I could listen to complaining pretty much anywhere.

I wouldn't have traded Bundy or Machado for Dickey or Shields.

But don't we kind of HAVE to trade at least one or two of Britton, Matusz, Arietta, Tillman or Steve Johnson? There isn't room for all of them in Baltimore, and we aren't going to learn much more about them or building up their trade value by stashing the surplus at Norfolk. Meanwhile, Bundy and Gausman are coming on quickly.

I wouldn't have traded Bundy or Machado for Dickey or Shields.

But don't we kind of HAVE to trade at least one or two of Britton, Matusz, Arietta, Tillman or Steve Johnson? There isn't room for all of them in Baltimore, and we aren't going to learn much more about them or building up their trade value by stashing the surplus at Norfolk. Meanwhile, Bundy and Gausman are coming on quickly.

If you have been watching, you know that we have attempted those trades, and were turned down. To get the players we have targeted, the other teams were demanding Bundy or Machado. I agree with DD for saying no to that. To whine and cry that we haven't traded Arietta or Britton for Shields or Dickey makes no sense, since we know as a fact that the other teams involved would not make such a trade. It takes two teams having a meeting of the minds to complete a trade, regardless of how much some fans may want the trade to happen.

Well, I'd actually prefer to talk about baseball instead whining, but I have to admit the stuff on here is getting pretty old and guys you like you are starting to wear me down.
If you have been watching, you know that we have attempted those trades, and were turned down. To get the players we have targeted, the other teams were demanding Bundy or Machado. I agree with DD for saying no to that. To whine and cry that we haven't traded Arietta or Britton for Shields or Dickey makes no sense, since we know as a fact that the other teams involved would not make such a trade. It takes two teams having a meeting of the minds to complete a trade, regardless of how much some fans may want the trade to happen.

Hang in there. February is just around the corner. Then we can stake out our lines in the sand about how well or poorly certain players are performing. Not the imaginary game of who is winning the off season. Last year, the Marlins and the Angels won that fake game, and nothing during the real season.

Archived